Mangrove Fish

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Shanicus
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Mangrove Fish

Post by Shanicus »

Hi there!

I'm currently doing research on mangrove fish in Singapore. I've stumbled on a few databases online (Digital Nature Archive, Guide to Mangroves of Singapore, Flora and Fauna Web) but I was wondering if anyone here also had their own book or an online database that had a fairly thorough list of fish I could find in our mangroves.

Thanks very much, hope to hear from you soon!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Mangrove Fish

Post by Peace »

Hi Shanicus, welcome to HLF. To get an accurate list of fishes in the mangroves, you'd probably need to approach RMBR. There's a checklist of Chek Jawa fishes from sometime back you may or may not find useful. Also, you can checkout this list I've archived. I believe her source from RMBR too but it includes marine fishes.

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Re: Mangrove Fish

Post by BeachBum »

I used to go to Bras Basah Complex Popular book store to browse the books. They had those small guide books from science center in the past before they renovate the place. Now not sure how are their stocks of such books. but such books exists before..

41.A Guide to Gobies of Singapore
29.A Guide to Common Marine Fishes of Singapore
18.A Guide to Freshwater Fishes of Singapore
there are other books list from http://www.science.edu.sg/resources/Pag ... books.aspx