SSBF Rig

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ZhengQin
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: More to Surf and shore fishing.. but still a noob! :(

SSBF Rig

Post by ZhengQin »

Hi! Need help again sorry :(

1-For short snood bottom feeder, how short is short? i know for LSBF its about 3-4ft.. but no info on SSBF :(

2-Do you snell or tie the hooks?

3-What sized hooks should i carry around? Or rather, what tackle do i need to carry around?

4-For punggol end, which spot is the better spots? And what rig to use there?

5-Any other baits to recommend besides dead prawns? Have tried sotong but 0 bites..

6-Crab traps allowed at BJT?

Sorry again for the amt of questions, guess thats the only way i can get the most info :p Thank you! :yay:

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Re: SSBF Rig

Post by Vidic »

Hi ZhengQin, Welcome to HLF, :D
1-For short snood bottom feeder, how short is short? i know for LSBF its about 3-4ft.. but no info on SSBF :(
Probably around 1-2 ft, i normally would use that in near snaggy areas.

2-Do you snell or tie the hooks?
Snell :D

3-What sized hooks should i carry around? Or rather, what tackle do i need to carry around?
Depends on what bait you are using and where are you fishing at, targeting what sort of fishes.

4-For punggol end, which spot is the better spots? And what rig to use there?
Not sure about punggol end, but i would use 2-4 hook apollo with prawn meat would be good for casual fishing.

5-Any other baits to recommend besides dead prawns? Have tried sotong but 0 bites..
Live prawns will be good, try to fish at the mouth of the dam, might have some good fishes lurking around

6-Crab traps allowed at BJT?
Yes, but not nets i think, :p

My 2 cents
Tight lines
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

ZhengQin
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: More to Surf and shore fishing.. but still a noob! :(

Post by ZhengQin »

Thank you! :yay: :thumbsup: one very very last question i promise ::x: Is there a pay pond in punggol, besides the one in the country club? I went there yesterday, was greeted with private property signs.. :cry:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

There used to be one just before Punggol End Jetty but I haven't visited that place in a very long time so it could be gone along with the damming of the reservoir. There's a prawning pond at punggol too, I've never been there and neither am I sure if it's still operating. http://haibin.com.sg