Bedok jetty during low tide

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Fishhunt
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Bedok jetty during low tide

Post by Fishhunt »

Hi there, I'm wondering if it is possible to still catch fish at Bedok jetty on a low tide. And if so how's about using micro jigs there on such a tide.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Bedok jetty during low tide

Post by Peace »

Hi FIshhunter, welcome to HLF. Fishes like queenfish, wolf herring or mackerels will still take your micro jigs during low tide if the conditions are good. Ie. There's moving current and the tambans are active. The water level however is very shallow during low tide, your jig will hit the bottom very fast so your chance of snagging will be considerably higher. Use jigs that flutter for longer hang time.

Fishhunt
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Fishhunt »

Oh noted, thank you peace. Fluttering jigs are ones like the gomoku koika right?

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: into pier fishing, surf casting, jigging just started fishing not long ago. Can be found fishing at bedok Jetty, aspiring to land a queen fish and Barramundi

Post by Manfred cher YY »

yup

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Yep, it's a slow fall jig. Generally, jigs that are weighted towards its centre tend to give a flutter action.

kyjelly
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: jetty fishing

Post by kyjelly »

How well does the slow fall jig, like gomoku koika, work at BJT? I dont see too many people using them there. Also I worry that snagging might be a big problem especially at BJT, and they are quite expensive...
Damn Fish!!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Slow jig is more of a vertical jigging style and the shallow waters at BJT may not be the best place for it. There's also the snagging problem you've mentioned. Personally, I would just standby a jig tackle and use it only when I see surface action or presence of large school of bait fish.

RAPTOS
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: SALTWATER LURING AND MICRO JIGGING ARE THE BEST!!!

Post by RAPTOS »

For jigging, I usually go to Marina South Pier. There is quite a number of groupers there.
The Beauty of Groupers is Indescribable... :D