squid jig

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: into pier fishing, surf casting, jigging just started fishing not long ago. Can be found fishing at bedok Jetty, aspiring to land a queen fish and Barramundi

squid jig

Post by Manfred cher YY »

what colour squid jig is best effective for squid fishing at BJT???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: squid jig

Post by Peace »

I'm not good with eging but the more popular colours are pink, red and white. If you're into eging it's always good to stock up different colours you can swap on the spot. Sometimes squids will react better to certain colours under circumstances.

Our Tamban can give you more insight into this. ;)

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: into pier fishing, surf casting, jigging just started fishing not long ago. Can be found fishing at bedok Jetty, aspiring to land a queen fish and Barramundi

:) Thanks

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

@peace I'm not so good at eging hor! hahas. I use this chart from yamashita as a reference
It is good to bring along on a variety of colours as you'll never know which colour will be the winner for that day. My favs are the pink top with a gold body! Oh and if you are trying out a new spot, start with the cheap jigs as you do unfamiliar with the terrain and can get snagged easily if you let it sink for too long

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

I've not caught a squid on a squid jig before. Is the squid jig supposed to sink or float ? The other day I tried at BJT, the squid jig floats. No squid spotted that day.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Those jigs on the diagram above are supposed to slow sinking, notice it has a little weight attached just below its head. Those without weight are meant to be tied to a rig, like an apollo rig for vertical drop.

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

like dropshot?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Yes, drop shot rig is another name for it.