Is marina south promenade legal to fish ?

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Is marina south promenade legal to fish ?

Post by BeachBum »

Anyone knows if is it legal to fish at Marina south promenade these days ? I was there on a weekday few days ago, but I didn't see anyone fishing. I think I caught halfbeaks there before, like omg 10yrs ago. The left side of marina barrage too, is it fishable ? Very windy and water looked rough and murky on the left side. Lots of people on weekend. Some ships dredging activities there, so maybe there won't be fish. Saw a few anglers packed up that day I was there.
Near the cruise center, there are some signsboards, so maybe there not legal.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Is marina south promenade legal to fish ?

Post by Peace »

I'm not sure if fishing is allowed there anymore, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if not near the harbour, construction sites or close to jogging paths. If it poses no danger or nuisance to other people, authority would at most give a warning even if it's illegal.

I would be more wary of fishing near the barrage though. When it was just opened many anglers flocked there to fish and the place was scattered with litter. The authority took notice of it, but I'm not sure what happens after that. Apparently, someone from FK was fishing halfbeaks there a few months ago, so I guess situation might have gotten better.

The side over at the cruise centre clearly has no fishing signs, even so I see quite a few anglers fishing there during weekends. The signs seems to be mostly put up near the harbour though, so the area of effect seems ambiguous.

I haven't been there for a long while, things might be different now.