PUB

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: into pier fishing, surf casting, jigging just started fishing not long ago. Can be found fishing at bedok Jetty, aspiring to land a queen fish and Barramundi

PUB

Post by Manfred cher YY »

PUB recently been erecting sign of no fishing at every spot where it is fishable. My spot was one of them and now I have nowhere to fish :( .Anyone knows the reason why:( Peace, maybe an opinion on this?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: PUB

Post by Peace »

PUB doesn't want you fishing where they cannot monitor. Anglers fishing in their water is a liability to them. Issues like littering, water pollution, causing danger to passerby or anglers themselves are reasons why they erect these signs. While these are valid reasons, the solution seem too hard handed. Then again fishing in Singapore do not gain enough recognition or economical value to motivate the authority to come up with a better compromised solution.

nicholasccc
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: lure fishing

Post by nicholasccc »

every morning, you can see boat moving around the Pond, Canal and Lake to clear the litters on the water. This is why the PUB ban fishing.

I had saw someone at the Pan Sua Canal, at about morning a man push a big bag of rubbish into the canal. i dont understand the man action?

Later the PUB cleaner will clear it.

more of the time i use lure... in Jurong Lake, Pang Sua Canal ... every time so lucky i caught plastic bag....

Well, it is hard to tell people don't than do...

if you didnt get fish with lure... you are helping to clear plastic bag... Ke Ke..

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fish,Handline,inshore

Post by GTonSteriods »

Jurong i fish cfm will tio rubbish one , one time stain my hand and shirt , i damn angry ,