Bedok jetty tips

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

murasame
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Extra Ultralight

Bedok jetty tips

Post by murasame »

Going to bedok jetty tmr, alr tied a double apollo rig (circle hooks size 1) to be used with prawn cubes, LSBF (circle hooks size 1, didnt have 3 way swivel so used a spreader instead) to be used with live tamban
Tying a floater rig now to try to target mackerel/queenfish/todak, using this kind of float
http://imgur.com/67cbP4m
And 1.5m of mono leader (bait is live tamban)
What hooks should i use and what size? I know queenfish and todak have quite a difference in mouth size haha
Also how should I strike when a fish has taken the live bait on the float?
Blur sotong :nod:

murasame
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Extra Ultralight

Re: Bedok jetty tips

Post by murasame »

And how does one rig this type of float??
http://m.imgur.com/LWI2Px1
No holes
Blur sotong :nod:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yes, Todak has a pretty small mouth/throat, so you want to use size 2/0 or smaller hooks for them. But then again, if you get a big queenfish on the line, you might have trouble using smaller hooks. So decide which is more important for you. ;) Regarding on when to strike, if you know it's a todak on the line you have to wait quite a bit like 10 secs or more. If it's other fishes you can almost strike immediately, and more often the hook is already set by the fish itself.

I've never used such a float before, but I would insert my leader into a piece of small rubber tubing and insert the float into the rubber tubing at your desired leader length. Make sure it's a tight fit or you might lose your float!

nicholasccc
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: lure fishing

Post by nicholasccc »

I had asked the regular there. they told me the length must be 2 meter and some say 1.5m. You need to look at the good day to fish and tidal too when there is a lot of taman, which will increase your chance. i had saw the queen fish about 60cm length swimming past me toward the shore. it is swimming very fast. This mean the fish is on the move your great patient is need and it is a lot on your luck and number of try. so far never have a chance to get them as i fish only once a month or two month once..

last saturday, really no fish about 5pm onward. no taman and have to use prawn meat with taman hook. got only 10 cm fish as their mouth is very small.. this only you need your feel on the line once the fish bite ready to strike.

it is fun, no big fish or taman... small fish will do... catch and release.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yes, when the tambans are active we had better be on our toes. :nod: I personally like baiting on sabiki jig, it's engaging and you can sometimes land some surprising fishes with it.

Matin_salih
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Matin_salih »

Under the jetty have many fishes if you're baiting. Mainly small fishes but if you're lucky, you'll be able to land the big ones. I've caught baby groupers, fingermark snappers and spanish flag snappers. It's an instant bite so you gotta strike the moment you feel the nibble. Small hooks work best, use a paternoster rig with 2 hooks and you're good to go. (It's literally an instant bite if you go to the right spots, drop and bite) Good luck :)