Kelong near sg

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Ichibongs
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf fishing, lure fishing, squid fishing, net casting, offshore fishing, fly fishing.

Kelong near sg

Post by Ichibongs »

Hi, my fren and i am planning to go to kelong stay and we have yet to decide which to go... can someone pls recommand a good one for both fishing food and stay? Thank you!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Kelong near sg

Post by Peace »

There's no local Kelong or floating fish farm that can legally accommodate leisure stay over. The closest Kelong is probably Chia Soon Kelong which is located across the strait but you can take a boat from Changi Point Ferry Terminal to get there. There's also Smith Marine (this one is local) which caters dining on their fish farm, but I don't they allow fishing other than the ones you pay to fish from the nets which they will cook for you.

Ichibongs
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf fishing, lure fishing, squid fishing, net casting, offshore fishing, fly fishing.

Post by Ichibongs »

Thx peace! I heard of ah fatt but idk anything bout there... Uk anything about ah fatt kelong? The description and information is kind of shallow to me... I went tosearch but it seems like there's alot of ppl and im not sure if its gonna affect the catch rate plus idk if its worth the money as this is the first time for us to go kelong... (2 of us only)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Hmm, sadly I'm not a Kelong goer so I can't give you any more information you can find on the web. Perhaps someone else here can give some feedback on that kelong. One thing for sure, it's going to be packed during the school holidays so plan your dates and adjust your expectations carefully.

Ichibongs
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Ichibongs »

Thx!! Hahaha okok! Hope others who is kelong goers or hav some good intro will reply the chat