A newbie angler.

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ericanoob
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Still in exploration.

A newbie angler.

Post by ericanoob »

Hi fellow anglers, I am very interested in fishing but i cant seem to get regular fishing kakis to teach me. My only reel usable I have now is a shimano 3000 reel with 8lbs braided line and have several rods from 6feet to 7feet left over by my bro who used to fish. Can anyone advise me on what kind of fishing i should start first and if you like can jio me go fishing together. Cheers!

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type of fishing as long can go fishing.

Re: A newbie angler.

Post by RaymondAng »

Sure you can call me. Already PM you my HP.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Welcome to HLF, ericanoob. :gift: If you have not found or try out the different types of fishing and see which type of fishing suits you. Go with Raymond and follow what how he fish for a start. In case you don't have anything to start from, I would suggest bait fishing since the reel you have might be slightly heavy for artificial bait luring. Bedok Jetty, though 'overfished' and pretty crowded is actually a good place to learn bait fishing.

Just for additional info, here are some of common type of fishing people do:
Surf fishing - basically fishing from shore but typically uses long rods to cast great distances
General baiting - rods need not as long as surf fishing and typically used on jetty.
Lure fishing - Working artificial lures to entice fish to bite
Offshore fishing - Take a boat out to sea to fish
Pond fishing - Commercial ponds, pay to fish

Your best bet would be arrange a trip with Raymond and have him teach you more about fishing. :nod:

bingfa
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: General fishing

Post by bingfa »

can i join ur to fish too? I'am oso new in fishing. only started fishing last yr.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Welcome to HLF too, bingfa. :flower: You can try PM-ing Raymond to see if he has any more upcoming fishing trips. :) If you have any questions on fishing, feel free to ask here.