sungei serangoon

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

bingfa
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: General fishing

sungei serangoon

Post by bingfa »

Hi ppl, any had gone fishing before at sungei serangoon? Or any spots to recommend me? :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: sungei serangoon

Post by Peace »

I hardly fish at the east side so I'm not sure of the spots there. Sungei Serangoon is a good habitat for fishes like barramundi to find food and breed. Lots of netting activities especially drift nets are often deployed near its river mouth which could affect the productivity of the spots though. Also I believe that the river will be damed to make into a reservoir in the near future like how Kallang Basin currently is.

That river leads into the once popular spot in Lorong Halus which was known to be very productive. I believe that area is not accessible to the public now.

You can also try further east like Punggol Seventeen Avenue or Changi Boardwalk which are more easily accessible.

bingfa
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by bingfa »

erm how to access to punggol seventeen ave? i only go the punggol end jetty to fish before. How is the bite rate along the beach that is beside the jetty?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I've not been there in a long time but I think you might still be able to enter it via seventeeth ave itself. If not you have to walk from Punggol Jetty towards its left where you'll see a long stretch of high wall, that is the place. As for the jetty, being a little small aside, is still quite fishable. Marine catfish will more often be caught there but I have heard Chermins being landed there as well.

Good luck fishing there. :)

adesmond2
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Surf fishing only

Post by adesmond2 »

Hi Bros,

so far punggol jetty and 17th ave not as productive as the past... Only another place where not so easy accessible is more productive.. imagine facing Punggol jetty... turn right and walk for 15-30 mins where you can see off road dirt bike trails... walk along the trails to somewhere where you can see a drain... but.. dun go too near the drain.. Around 5 min walk AWAY from the drain will do... That place is productive and VERY few people as well..

BUT.. ONE PIERCE OF ADVICE... Only go btw 8.30am - 6pm with at least one people with you and that person MUST not be a lady... The timing MUST be accurate... Nothing more and nothing less... THOUSANDS of stories about there has been going around til no one goes there and fish but of cause.. not easily accessible as well..

I saw a fish as big as 1 meter long and super fat swimming up to the surface.. when me and friends tried to lure with all kinds of baits... the fish goes off.. Fish estimated 10KG and above...

That day we start fishing from noon-6pm.. when I wanted to continued... My friends of 2 started to packed their stuff and say bye bye to me.. OMG.. den i just pack off as soon as I can to catch up with them... Only after leaving the entire location from Punggol... My friend said.. thousands of stories like.. bleah bleah bleah.. Too errie to say liaoz.. Anyway, it's a nice spot but even btw the timing.. bring at least 1-2 guys with you will be the best.. not recommeded for couples who fish...

Good Luck to all who wishes to fish there... Wanted to go again... but no fishing kakis and no time as well.. haix...

Oh yea... Anyone wan to go fishing at Changi CP6 or 7 there can PM me... den we go there see see.. ^_^

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

That side of Punggol you mention must be track 24 ya? That place is shallower than 17th if I'm not wrong. I've tried that spot a few times last year but never really gotten anything fantastic, tried night fishing there as well. However, I did witness some good catch by other anglers; a very nice sized guhood. :) Plenty of surface action throughout the night can be heard too, it's not a bad place to fish but it's just too far for me.

raspiritz
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Long Rod, Short Rod & Boat Rod

Post by raspiritz »

Peace wrote:That side of Punggol you mention must be track 24 ya? That place is shallower than 17th if I'm not wrong. I've tried that spot a few times last year but never really gotten anything fantastic, tried night fishing there as well. However, I did witness some good catch by other anglers; a very nice sized guhood. :) Plenty of surface action throughout the night can be heard too, it's not a bad place to fish but it's just too far for me.
walk all the way in.... that's Sungei Seragoon... sad to say.... part of it has been blocked up as our gahmen is converting that place to freshwater park etc connecting the main island and corney island together

heard from ppl that there used to be playground for KBL and Barracuda, some even saw kim chews swimming around (or they must be dreaming??) lol

been a long time since i last returned to that place.... the last time i went with live prawns and spent 6 hours there...
Result = ZERO BITE!!
lol

good luck =)

bingfa
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by bingfa »

Hi Bro adesmond2 today i go to punggol jetty to fish till 9am then proceed to the eriee place. there whole morning i did note have any bite rate. after 12pm i jus pack and go hm. At the jetty i manage to hook up a very small fish.. :cry:

krukera19
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: All i like not fussy

Re: Aug 2018 Update sungei serangoon

Post by krukera19 »

Hi just to update u guys... Peacock Bass lure fishing at Serangoon River 5am.
Attachments
2.2KG Peacock Bass on 20th Aug 2018 5am
2.2KG Peacock Bass on 20th Aug 2018 5am
0_IMG-20180820-WA0000.jpg (358.78 KiB) Viewed 28853 times

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Nice catch and welcome to HLF, krukera19. That's a pretty good sized bass. :thumbsup: