line wetting session 2011

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

line wetting session 2011

Post by sgpu »

my first trip out in 2011.
my first catch for 2011. LOL

lure: maria fake bait 5.5g
line: 8lbs
reel: caldia 2000
rod: NFC SJ- 601
leader: triump nylon shock

thought i brought my overkill set. initial plan was to make for coast. but miscommunication, what to do? doddee wasn't in his suit. so off we set to a fresh water ground to curb our urge. :p

one thing i love about this fake bait. it floats fast. the casting is good, beyond my expectation of a 5.5g coupled with my 8lbs line. with a lighter poundage i believe it can go way further. method i used, float to the surface, give it a tug, it darts into the water, dead slow cranking till it starts to push the water surface, paused, tugs it into the water again repeatedly. first i hit a baby PB. hook not sharp, PB got away. followed by a toman which also freed itself, but eventually landed me a PB.

suprised or skeptical how i knew about what came to visit? the best thing about surface lure, and cranking it slowly. because i was watching my lure carefully, closely. i witnessed every creature which hit.
Last edited by sgpu on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: line wetting session

Post by Peace »

It's a good sign to catch a fish on your first trip of the new year. :nod: This PB is pushing its luck thinking the first few fish can get away that easily. :lol: Congrats on the catch and nice observation as well, you certainly know your lures and fishes.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

:nod: :D :lol:
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Congrats ! *clap clap*

Looks like 2011 is gonna be a fishful year for you ...
Keep the catches coming in ...

I was praying for an ah seng towards the end of the trip during a recent offshore.
I don't want to go home empty handed ! :lol:

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

just one fish only . . . i keeping my feet on the ground . . . :D
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

one of my favourite lure which needs no skills. slow crank no hit? fast crank the next cast. . . still no hit? move 10 steps . . . event's environment, shady, water was calm, been drizzling the whole day, quiet

rod: abu ultra cast 5'6
reel: okuma V20
line: fireline 8lbs
leader: triump nylon shock 20lbs
lure: strike pro prop pop
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Re: line wetting session 2011

Post by Peace »

It's a good weather for snakeheads, usually when it drizzles all day the wind won't be strong. Congrats on the Haruan(?) :) By the way, that's a popper you're using right? How do you find the effectiveness with constant retrieval(fast or slow) compared to pops with pauses?

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

when it pops, its not as loud as the usual popper. similarly, slow cranks on the surfaces it pushes the water, just skidding, and when it pop, it does creates more whitish bubbles in its track. regular or fast crank, the propeller behind does compliment the noise volume, distinctively in quiet environment :) it does not requires skills i suppose, but applying different techniques certainly is fun.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Ah I see, you also have a propellor on the lure as well. It does compliment with constant retrieval. :D I've tried popping at intervals and I can create some really loud pops with big splashes, it's fun doing it. :p

temensispro30
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing

Post by temensispro30 »

[pbslide][/pbslide]hey ...can share any secret spots pls....i really cant get any fish...i need more spots...btw...peace...can u pm me the molly stream spot pls!!
i love FISHING

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

Peace wrote:Ah I see, you also have a propellor on the lure as well. It does compliment with constant retrieval. :D I've tried popping at intervals and I can create some really loud pops with big splashes, it's fun doing it. :p
hee hee . . .
check this video http://vimeo.com/12156533

the strike pro prop lure =)
just about 3 weeks ago i bought 4 pieces of it from sincere. what a sucker i am . .
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

temensispro30 wrote:[pbslide][/pbslide]hey ...can share any secret spots pls....i really cant get any fish...i need more spots...btw...peace...can u pm me the molly stream spot pls!!
Hi temensispro30, welcome to HLF.

Sorry I can't disclose this 'molly stream' to anyone but I don't get why people would be interested in this shallow stream. ;) It's quite safe to assume that any secret spot in Singapore, especially freshwater ones is an illegal one. :lol: And there lies the challenge in the designated fishing spots in selected reservoirs, but should you land one, you deserve a pat on your back. :thumbsup:

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

singapore so many resviour , surely will get fish want ma :) and if peace spot is been expose , more and more people will go there and the spot is gone :shh: