Short freshwater luring

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Post Reply
User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Short freshwater luring

Post by Peace » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:20 pm

I went back to the peacock bass spot to check out the water level that has been low for quite a few months now. It seems that conditions has still unchanged and it does reduce that area that larger peacock bass is willing to go. Most of what I caught were small Speckled Pavons but they're still pretty fun. :D

Here are some of them that were caught on my jerkbait.
Image
Image
Image

I hid under a tree in the sunny afternoon and it seems that the Pavons got the same idea. I just sat there and swing my rod around and it does get them excited. :lol:

User avatar
limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:47 pm
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by limfish » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Nice peacock basses!
Say, its been sometime ive seen any saltwater CRs from you.
I guess Peacocks are to distracting? :p
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by Peace » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Heh, maybe.

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by Peace » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Another short video to share, the ones that got away because the hook opened and gave way. Fishes aren't very big though I think it's because treble hooks got soft after numerous times of bending and rebending. It's Owner 2x trebles by the way.


User avatar
lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 pm
Fishing interest: Fly fishing, Lure fishing, Crabbing, Surf fishing, Handlining
Location: Jurong West

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by lamerzia » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Peace wrote:I went back to the peacock bass spot to check out the water level that has been low for quite a few months now. It seems that conditions has still unchanged and it does reduce that area that larger peacock bass is willing to go. Most of what I caught were small Speckled Pavons but they're still pretty fun. :D

Here are some of them that were caught on my jerkbait.
Image
Image
Image

I hid under a tree in the sunny afternoon and it seems that the Pavons got the same idea. I just sat there and swing my rod around and it does get them excited. :lol:
Can pm the spot ?

User avatar
patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 pm
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D
Location: jurong west

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by patrick2405 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:42 am

lamerzia wrote:
Peace wrote:I went back to the peacock bass spot to check out the water level that has been low for quite a few months now. It seems that conditions has still unchanged and it does reduce that area that larger peacock bass is willing to go. Most of what I caught were small Speckled Pavons but they're still pretty fun. :D

Here are some of them that were caught on my jerkbait.
Image
Image
Image

I hid under a tree in the sunny afternoon and it seems that the Pavons got the same idea. I just sat there and swing my rod around and it does get them excited. :lol:
Can pm the spot ?
have fun waiting :D he wont say it

User avatar
lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 pm
Fishing interest: Fly fishing, Lure fishing, Crabbing, Surf fishing, Handlining
Location: Jurong West

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by lamerzia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:31 pm

patrick2405 wrote:
lamerzia wrote:
Peace wrote:I went back to the peacock bass spot to check out the water level that has been low for quite a few months now. It seems that conditions has still unchanged and it does reduce that area that larger peacock bass is willing to go. Most of what I caught were small Speckled Pavons but they're still pretty fun. :D

Here are some of them that were caught on my jerkbait.
Image
Image
Image

I hid under a tree in the sunny afternoon and it seems that the Pavons got the same idea. I just sat there and swing my rod around and it does get them excited. :lol:
Can pm the spot ?
have fun waiting :D he wont say it[/quote

Why ?

User avatar
patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 pm
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D
Location: jurong west

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by patrick2405 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:45 pm

honestly speaking as singaporeans, no one would share their best spot to someone who they dont know well.... what if that person goes to the spot and starts baiting and tapao, he wouldn't have any fish left and even if there is, they wouldn't be interested in their lures anymore ::x:

User avatar
lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 pm
Fishing interest: Fly fishing, Lure fishing, Crabbing, Surf fishing, Handlining
Location: Jurong West

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by lamerzia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:43 am

patrick2405 wrote:honestly speaking as singaporeans, no one would share their best spot to someone who they dont know well.... what if that person goes to the spot and starts baiting and tapao, he wouldn't have any fish left and even if there is, they wouldn't be interested in their lures anymore ::x:
Aww .. so sad .. :(

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Short freshwater luring

Post by Peace » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Sorry lamerzia, some things are better left untold.

Post Reply