Forest snakehead on stickbait

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Forest snakehead on stickbait

Post by Peace »

The water level has been pretty low lately but I went for try anyway. The peacock bass retreated to deeper ends while the snakeheads widens their playground. I saw 4 snakeheads today; 1 toman, 1 haruan and two forest snakeheads. I hooked up one and another threw its hook at arm's reach. The toman acted really timid, it came out from its cover to check out my stickbait and dashed away. :confused: It's a pity forgot to bring my video cam with me today, somehow I knew it meant catching something interesting. :rant:

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Re: Forest snakehead on stickbait

Post by Vidic »

Nice snakehead and stick bait, :lol: , how was the fight like ? Heard that it is ferocious when whacking its prey, is it true ? :p
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Well it was quite aggressive going after the stickbait after it missed on the first hit but fight wise I didn't feel much of it, probably because my drag was set rather high. I usually does so when I use stickbaits or poppers as they can accomodate more beefy hooks compared to crankbaits. It can be real troublesome when a fish manages to steer its way into weeds or branches in the water, and that's where they usually hide. ;)

Smiley :)
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Fishing :)

Post by Smiley :) »

Awesome snakehead u got there :) :)
Give me tips on snakehead :) i've been trying to catch it but fail to it.. Other than using lure, is't possible to use bait ? If it is, what bait ?
Smiley appreciate your kindness :)

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Post by stout infantfish »

Peace, that lure you got there looks very familar. :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Smiley :) wrote:Give me tips on snakehead :) i've been trying to catch it but fail to it.. Other than using lure, is't possible to use bait ? If it is, what bait ?
I've replied to your thread regarding this, take a look. With regards to Forest snakeheads, they're quite similar to haruans except they stay very close to forest streams and seldom venture out into open reservoirs.