Spin Fly Fishing

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Post Reply
User avatar
Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 am
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Kishore » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Image

Gals and Gents,
Just thought of trying out Spin Fly Fishing.
Spoke to Bro Ping and he gave me a few pointers.(Thanks Bro Ping)
I landed the PB on my second cast.(landed a total of 4 PB)
When the PB took the Fly,i thought that the Rod was going to break.I was using a Ultra Light Rod.
The following are the specs of the Rod and Reel:

Rod:Ultra Light.Ajiking,Cirino
Model:CR 702L
Line Test:4lbs to 8lbs
Lure weight:1/16 to 1/4oz.
Length:7ft,2pc,equal lengths.

Reel,
Shimano Sienna 500
Line:4lbs braided.

Set-up.
Braided line,swivel clip,sinker,swivel clip,leader(6lbs Mono)swivel clip,Fly.
Believe you me,it is a very different feeling when the fish takes the Fly.

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Peace » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Good catch of the Peacock Bass on spinfly, Ping is definitely the person to get advice on it. :) Care to share the picture of the fly you've tied?

User avatar
Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 am
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Kishore » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Peace wrote:Good catch of the Peacock Bass on spinfly, Ping is definitely the person to get advice on it. :) Care to share the picture of the fly you've tied?
Image

As Requested.

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Peace » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 pm

It's very nice, thanks for sharing your fly with us. What did you use to hold the feathers onto the hook? It looks like some sort of resin.

User avatar
Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 am
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Kishore » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:41 am

Peace wrote:It's very nice, thanks for sharing your fly with us. What did you use to hold the feathers onto the hook? It looks like some sort of resin.
I was given a handful of flies by my friend and this was one of them.

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Peace » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:49 pm

Ah I see, you've got a nice friend. It looks well made. :)

User avatar
Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 am
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Kishore » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Peace wrote:Ah I see, you've got a nice friend. It looks well made. :)
Handful Of Flies
Image

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3889
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Peace » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 pm

They're beautiful, I noticed that the fly you caught the bass with was using a circle hook. How does it fare comparing with other types of hooks?

User avatar
ping
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm
Fishing interest: Spin Fly
Location: Sengkang

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by ping » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 am

You are most welcome bro Kishore :) Nice catches there!
Welcome to the world of spinning fly! Glad to see you enjoy it.
Yes! that one-on-one fight feel when the fish is hooked on your fly is simply superb experience,
that's why til now my lures are hanging dry and I am hooked on spinning fly.
You may want to try hunt for Temensis as they are better fighters over the common PB.

User avatar
Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 am
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by Kishore » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:06 pm

ping wrote:You are most welcome bro Kishore :) Nice catches there!
Welcome to the world of spinning fly! Glad to see you enjoy it.
Yes! that one-on-one fight feel when the fish is hooked on your fly is simply superb experience,
that's why til now my lures are hanging dry and I am hooked on spinning fly.
You may want to try hunt for Temensis as they are better fighters over the common PB.
Image

Bro Ping,
I used your Fly(Orange and green combination)
After this catch lost all three flies.Could not hold the fish.
Lost the flies,with the leader because the bites were coming in Fast And Furious.
Will be contacting you again,to replenish my stock.
Thanks again.

User avatar
ping
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm
Fishing interest: Spin Fly
Location: Sengkang

Re: Spin Fly Fishing

Post by ping » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Kishore wrote: Bro Ping,
I used your Fly(Orange and green combination)
After this catch lost all three flies.Could not hold the fish.
Lost the flies,with the leader because the bites were coming in Fast And Furious.
Will be contacting you again,to replenish my stock.
Thanks again.
Wow! Nice spot you have there :thumbsup:
The Peacock Bass seems attracted to Orange & Green bi-colour flies.
Will get back to you when I have done the fly tying. Thanks :)

Post Reply