Haruan hunt!

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Haruan hunt!

Post by Peace »

Is that a soft-shell turtle? :shocked:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Yes ur absolutely right! It's a huge soft shell turtle when I was in front it came right in front of me to take a breathe before submerging hahahas

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

That would have made a nice turtle soup. ::x: Jokes aside, do be careful if you ever happen to hook one on your lures. They bite really hard and can snip off your fingers. :sweatdrop:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Hahahs yeah man nice turtle soup but damn saw some video of it striking online , I sure dun wan tat to happen to me but still it seem quite docile

fishingboyfw
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: lure fishing and bait fishing freshwater finding spots

Post by fishingboyfw »

sup bro i need a fishing buddy for the hoilday im wondering it u like to go fishing together.i live near the downtown area but can go to someplaces to fish.if u want to be my buddy msg me. my no.97868742

fishingboyfw
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by fishingboyfw »

sup bro i need a fishing buddy for the hoilday im wondering it u like to go fishing together.i live near the downtown area but can go to someplaces to fish.if u want to be my buddy msg me. my no.97868742

fishingboyfw
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by fishingboyfw »

Daryl wrote:arh long time no post cos why? LONG TIME NO KENNA haruans . Idk why but the haruans seems to be really weary now especaially the biggies but netheless! Here is the results for e past 3 weeks!!!

1st guy , never really believed that topwater is gonna get haruans at my spot but becos i tried everything else but failed hmm rig up this walk e dog lure cast jerk jerk jerk wham!!!
look at the size of e fish and the lure wow this guy must be hungry arh~

2nd guy really funny, i have been using alot of bait ranging from live frogs to lures but never did i expect i would get a haruan on bread!? actualy there shld be 2 but oh well lost the other one that took e bread it was a biggie too

3rd guy. Pretty good learning experince. I HAVE NEVER EVER GET A Fish on rubber lures like never...
but after luring with a friend , decided to pick some rubbers .Went to test cast jerk jerk pause 5 secs jerk jerk pause 5 sec then suddenly a weight. Straight away set e hook fish on la . Even though a smallie but still a haruan! Shld be 2 de but fail to set the hook nicely on the ohter guy seem like a biggie too =(
Heres a closeup!

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

sure will contact u soon

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Ah its been quite some time since i posted here hahhas been rather busy with school , i have been fishing thou, so recently i went back to haruan hunting and its not too bad at all i shall let the pics do the talking !
Enjoy!

This was a few weeks back when i go solo cast and retrieve real slowly and have a couple of hits but not able to set properly , probably becos of the weedless hook but anyways pressed on and got a nice take , felt the bite i press spool release to activate , then slowly the line moved and line peel slowly away from my reel then after a few seconds it stopped , reel in the slack and Strike ! FISH ON! A nice haruan came up to greet me ^,^ nice hook set!

Rod: Dobyns Coalition Weapons Series 10-20Lb
Reel: Daiwa Ryoga 1016HL
Line: 30LB powerpro briad
Lure: Texas Rigged Zman MinnowZ with sliding sinker
Leader: No Leader straight Braid

Alright on to the more recent CR

Rod: Gary Loomis Edge Rod 8-17lb ( courtesy of Gabbs for lending me this beautiful and sensitive rod !)
Line: Suffix 20lb Briad
Leader : 40LB Shock leader
Lure: Zman Rubber MinnowZ with Salt Groove Jighead

Super Awesome Day for me ahhahs, i woke up and set out to fish pretty late around 10am? Arrived at the spot around 1020 ish ~

But this time using jighead instead ^,^ cast and cast no bites.... weird.... feeling pretty low and fustrated as nothing hit

proceed to other spots then started casting all over the place ... no bites... i then did a accurate long cast and the rubber hit right at the bank reeled super slowly and suddenly a jerk i release the line and set it once it stopped moving this time i felt a strong fight! Nice to reel in such a nice size haruan again! here u go a comparison with a 500ml bottle

say AHHH~

It Bled after i removed the hook but he was released safely and swam off strong !

2nd Haruan came literally like 2 cast afterwards

Same thing same area are they camping together?

released and did a cast right after and it happened again a jerk and line started moving strike and FISH ON!

Fastest 3rd haruan of my luring adventures

Released !

And Then it went quiet
Dead Quiet no takes no bites i began casting the opposite direction it juz doesnt make sense when the haruans only occupy one area after 10mins of non stop casting i finally got a bite from another side did the exact same thing except it took the lure for a ride , by the time i set the hook it was deep.... real deep

i knew it wasnt gonna be easy to remove the hook so i place my bag away and started the mini surgery took me a good 5 mins to remove the hook, the fish was safe and swam off splashing water at my feet

i said goodbye and ended my trip !

Till Next Time Tight Lines And FISH ON!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's always a pleasure to read your catch reports and you always have good pictures to go with. It's kind of a bummer for me if I have to wait to let the fish take time with the lure, well at least at my old fishing hole. They would go into a bunch of half submerged branches with my lure and if I reacted too fast or stiff the hook wouldn't set. :lol:

Good catch there!

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

thks peace gonna get a camera soon to record trips ^.^

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

So i went again today for some quick fun ^,^

woke up 11am ish went out immediately reach the spot and began casting.....
cast after cast no fish for like 30 mins. I was feeling pretty shag last time came straight away 3 haruans in quick successions but today... could i be a zero fighter? Then i tried combing the area with my rubber casting from left to right 1 m apart then came a small haruan to save my day :D :D
Rod: Dobyns Coalition Weapon 10-20lb
Line: Suffix 832 20lb
Lure: Decoy SaltGroove 2/0 ,7g, Jighead with Zman MinnowZ Rubber
Leader: 40lb Shock Leader

its small but its fun ^.^

Then after a few cast to the left .... reel reel reel......jerk... release the line ... saw the line being pulled a few feet.. then reel in the slack and STRIKE fish On!

HEHE im on a roll...... cast a few feet to the left again same thing

Till Next Time! Hehehe Tight Lines!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Nice catches again, it seems like your spot is pretty well stocked with haruans! :drool:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Another ops haruan! A quickie session ^.^ yesterday

Rod: Custom rod probably 2-6lb rating
Reel: Shimano Stradic FJ 1000
Line: 30lb braid ( i ran out of lower poundage hahas)
Leader : 10lb FC
Lure: Decoy Salt Groove 2/0 Jig Head with Zman MinnowZ

So i went to my spot... walk to one of the bigger ponds and saw like a fry ball or some sort but didnt manage to find it again after trying to see it after 10mins then i went straight to my usual pond started cast here and there , not much of a take anymore on constant retrieve so i though of switching the working style i casted to the edge of the bushes... let the rubber sink then i did rapid short jerks maybe 5-6 times... let it sink and repeat and sure enough the curious haruans took a chance at my rubber successfully hit 3 haruans with this method... i found out that the line release tactic does not work well for spinning set up... using this type of retrieve on spinning seems to be more effective rather than constant retrieve , i had total of 6 hits and 3 landed including one good one :D :D
Enjoy the pictures

2nd one

And the 3rd guy which also happen to be the last and biggest one of the trio

Till Next Time ! Tight Lines!!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Constant retrieve is generally not a very effective luring technique as it does not display a prey in distress nor it excites the predator much. This is evidently true in your improved catch. :thumbsup:

Very nice catch again, the 3rd picture particularly caught my eye. Its fins are well spread and perfectly intact, I wish I were there to take a specimen picture of it!