Haruan hunt!

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Haruan hunt!

Post by Daryl »

arh today went to my spot again first few cast swee swee kenna good size haruan... my pic ar my friend take till... sibei jialat LOL~ i closed eyes same time zzz
Rod:Salty Cheif 6ft
Reel:Shimano Calcutta 200B
Line:Power Pro 20lbs 30 lb leader ~
Lure: Yozuri Crystal Minnow [F]

here another pic!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Haruan hunt!

Post by Peace »

Going haruan fishing straight after school eh? ;) That's a very nice haruan, and a pretty big one too. Congrats!

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Rod:Salty cheif
Reel: Shimano Calcutta 200B
line:20 lb powerpro and 30lb leader~
lure : NEW yozuri crystal minnow (f) believe its the rainbow trout colour not sure ~

arh went today again str8 after schooL! ar good fun thou got 3 bites in total
1st guy pretty funny cast around then i saw a little baby haruan maybe 3cm? near the shore near a overhanging branch hmm maybe got parent guardin cast and cast saw this haruan chasing my lure down then saw me then dash ba into cover nvm patience is a virtue cast and keep casting today 2 friend accomapny me they were skeptical about lures thou then few more cast bam nice hit and landed this small size haruan !
cutie guy probably only 100 grams ba?

size comparision

hardly move my lip grip

the release!

2nd bite was on a pretty big crankbait but my friend line tangled and lost it estimated to be over 1.5kg bend my rod pretty nicely =(

but nvm i know where it is now next time will try to get it!

3rd bite came really very long after the 1st two bites!
but it pays off under the hot sun!

slighty bigger only~ maybe 200grams?

the release!

ok see ya! watch out for the next CR wont be long!

ps: Lost This Yozuri Lure again... damn have to get another 1 hmmm it is truly a killer lure at my spot thou! see ya!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

A pity the big one got away, but I always look at it as a motivation to come back again another day to win the fight. ;) You should invest in a lure retriever or make one yourself, it will ease your pocket a little in the long run.

Good job on landing more Haruans, I'm sure they'll see plenty more of you in this school holiday. :lol:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

hopefully XD maybe i shld buy a packet of goldfish to feed the haruans in my spot since its so secluded!

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Ops Haruan Commence! Solo mission this time nobody follow LOL short 1 hour trip at usal spot! CnRed

this 1.1kg ... didnt have a nice pic on the lip grip sien but got hand comaparison

my dawfed hand~!
REleased for another day of fight!
this 2nd guy 1kg! this is the fish i caught during the start of this post !! healthy recovering (ps noe its the fish cos last time i accidently teared abit of its upper lip!! Soryy!!!)
CnRed too but forgot take pic :sweatdrop:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

You're getting good with the Haruans, your catch are getting bigger each time. Another thumbs up for you! :thumbsup:

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

What a nice spot!

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

indeed a nice spot ~ :eyebrow: but healthy CNR is what kips this spot a good spot! :nod:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

hellos back again this CR was from last fridayyyyy

i have been going to this spot for quite few times but only short intervals so didnt get any bites so went for a longer trip last fri :nod: :nod:

it was a solo mission thou lool friend didnnt want to accompany...

oh well

set up and clip on rapala clackin minnow ... no bite

tried popper no bite.... arh.. getting sien and disappointed..
hiaz nevertheless clipped on an yozuri L minnow sinkin one small lure :lol:
then watch around the surface for action then a little ball of something caught my attention... it was actually a ball of baby haruans surfacin for air..1!!! SONG LA cast cast and whammmm!!! this biggie whacked my minnow immeditely rush into its grassy hideout. my line got stuck aiya.. biiggie cannot lose took my school shoes off and lalalala went down the water to try to pull it out.Luckily i was able to yank it out and continued the fight in open water!! landed a biggie personal record est..2kg!!!
comparison with a 500ml sports drink bottle
check out how deep he inhaled the lure!

happy me!!
hand comparisiono
RE-leased for the next fight!!
the ball of babiessss

and tried a few more casts then went to other pond not far..
clip on wooden frog popopopopopop
whammed!!
a smallie landed!!

oh yeah saw an arowana swimming around but dun take my lures any suggestions to land it?
ps:smallie haruan released too!!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Your fishing adventures just keep getting better and better. :D That must be the mommy haruan, good for you for releasing it back. I ever caught an arowana using a minnow, so I think what you're using now should probably work too. Perhaps it was spooked by your presence, they can see pretty well what's going on above water.

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Minnow?? Icic hmmy I will try ot when I get.there anyway went yesterday.and it was pouring managed to.get one haruan tho oh ya went today with a pole rod and lotsa tilapias there some really big ones too

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Minnow?? Icic hmmy I will try ot when I get.there anyway went yesterday.and it was pouring managed to.get one haruan tho oh ya went today with a pole rod and lotsa tilapias there some really big ones too

Donkondo
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Lure fishing, pond fishing

Haruan hunt!

Post by Donkondo »

Mind sharing your spot? I'm from Jakarta and currently in Sg for vacation. Looking for wild action before I go back.

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

arh long time no post cos why? LONG TIME NO KENNA haruans . Idk why but the haruans seems to be really weary now especaially the biggies but netheless! Here is the results for e past 3 weeks!!!

1st guy , never really believed that topwater is gonna get haruans at my spot but becos i tried everything else but failed hmm rig up this walk e dog lure cast jerk jerk jerk wham!!!
look at the size of e fish and the lure wow this guy must be hungry arh~

2nd guy really funny, i have been using alot of bait ranging from live frogs to lures but never did i expect i would get a haruan on bread!? actualy there shld be 2 but oh well lost the other one that took e bread it was a biggie too

3rd guy. Pretty good learning experince. I HAVE NEVER EVER GET A Fish on rubber lures like never...
but after luring with a friend , decided to pick some rubbers .Went to test cast jerk jerk pause 5 secs jerk jerk pause 5 sec then suddenly a weight. Straight away set e hook fish on la . Even though a smallie but still a haruan! Shld be 2 de but fail to set the hook nicely on the ohter guy seem like a biggie too =(
Heres a closeup!