Steerable Lure

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Steerable Lure

Post by Kishore »

Good Morning Gals and Gents.
Just thought of sharing some information with all of you.I was given this Lure and was told to check it out.
Learned some Techniques on how to use the Lure on the net and went fishing with it.Below is One of the Four PB i caught.
Last edited by Kishore on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Steerable Lure

Post by Peace »

Oh yes, I've seen their promotion video a few years back and it looked very impressive. I was skeptical about the ease of use and if we're able to steer them as well as the demonstrator in the video did. I would like to hear from you about how well this things work, is it as good as they advertised?

Oh yes, that's a nice PB you've caught! :D

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Oh yes, I've seen their promotion video a few years back and it looked very impressive. I was skeptical about the ease of use and if we're able to steer them as well as the demonstrator in the video did. I would like to hear from you about how well this things work, is it as good as they advertised?

Oh yes, that's a nice PB you've caught! :D
Believe You Me.One needs a lot of patience to work this lure.It took me like One week using it everyday to work the lure
the way i want it to behave.The way i see it,if One can get the lure to go left and then to the right with One's reeling,One has conquered 1st base.This lure is all the time lying on its side on the water.When you pause the reeling the head will drop and point towards the opposite direction of the previous path,that way you can get it to go right then to the left.All this is in theory
but when One is using the Lure it is a whole new ball game.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Sounds like this lure has a steep learning curve, it's probably why it isn't as popular as it should be. What about hit rate, how does it fare against your other topwater lures when fishing for peacock bass?

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Sounds like this lure has a steep learning curve, it's probably why it isn't as popular as it should be. What about hit rate, how does it fare against your other top water lures when fishing for peacock bass?
This lure is suitable for One who has a lot of time on their hands,not to mention plenty of patience as well.
If One compares this lure with other surface lures,the other surface lures are a better bet.The reason being it is very
straight forward compared to the steerable lure.Cast out surface lures,retrieve,twitch,retrieve and keep your fingers crossed for a bite.In the case of the steerable Lure just to get it to go from right to left is such a chore.
Last edited by Kishore on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Thanks for the tip, I might just buy one and try should I have too much time on my hands some day. :D

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Thanks for the tip, I might just buy one and try should I have too much time on my hands some day. :D
Sounds like a plan.When the time comes and should you encounter any problems with the steerable lure
please call on me.I will be more than happy to give you some pointers.
P.S..I will PM you my mobile number.