Pandan Reservoir CR

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

murasame
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Extra Ultralight

Pandan Reservoir CR

Post by murasame »

After giving up on the pang sua canal, I went over to Pandan reservoir just to have a little fun with the small fishes that live near the rocks. I was using a cheap tiny UL rod rated at 4lbs along with a few tiny flies, as I wasnt expecting much.
However, after bringing up a few small zebra tilapias, there was a sudden huge pull on my rod! The fish dived into the cover of the jetty, bending my flimsy rod and peeling line like a rocket. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT THIS COULD BE MY FIRST PB THAT I WAS LONGING FOR! But when it came up...
http://imgur.com/aH0eYus.jpg
Well at least it was big, around 20cm. Safely released.
Didnt look like the typical zebra tilapia from pandan, is it a nile tilapia?
Caught around 20 of these
http://imgur.com/aKHNsyO.jpg
Good fun on a really light light light set up :)
Still waiting for my miracle PB...
Blur sotong :nod:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Pandan Reservoir CR

Post by Peace »

Pang Sua canal do have Peacock Bass since it is connected to kranji Reservoir. Even so it's probably not the best place for hunting them. Shadow Cat gave some very good advice, starting small would be the way to pick it up.

Yeah, the first fish is the common tilapa. I used to see them mingle with the zebra tilapia and they come close to the rocky banks in the early morning. They put up a good fight for their size.

Good luck on your hunt for a Peacock Bass, I believe it won't take you long to land one. ;)

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: into pier fishing, surf casting, jigging just started fishing not long ago. Can be found fishing at bedok Jetty, aspiring to land a queen fish and Barramundi

Post by Manfred cher YY »

Kallang river is a good place to catch Peacock Bass if you dont mind the trash, caught some Haruans and PBs over the span of last month. None of the less I really hope u land ur PB

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: into pier fishing, surf casting, jigging just started fishing not long ago. Can be found fishing at bedok Jetty, aspiring to land a queen fish and Barramundi

oh and where is this Pang Sua canal? I never heard of it before mind telling me where is it? might want to give it a try

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's right here. There's a small platform extending into the canal where you are allowed to fish legally, by its rules of course.

murasame
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by murasame »

Thx guys
Good luck on your trip to Pang Sua Manfred, hope you get some nice catches!

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Haha thanks will go there straight after my exams hahaha :))

Shadow Cat
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Universal

Post by Shadow Cat »

Hi bro great to see some fish being landed. U might want to upsize your lures abit since the smallies seem to be pestering you too much. Suggest you try soft plastics or hardbody between 2-3 inch so it deters the small pesky zebra tilapias or u can stick to flies but upsize abit. Your tilapia reminds me of the first tilapia i caught haha. Weight was 3kg but despite size din put up much of a fight. Apparently it was a female carrying eggs, landed at legal area on soft plastic. Nothing significant, heng only. enjoy!
https://mobile.facebook.com/photo.php?f ... &source=49

Manfred cher YY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Or you could also try jigging from the jetty to target big fishes including the PBs with a gomoku vibe or the jigging shad rap but becareful as it might get snagged in other people's rig which cutted off when baiting. I lost 1 lure because of that. Damn those China baiters who always hold their reels upside down :( :(

murasame
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by murasame »

THATS ONE BIG TILAPIA SHADOW CAT HAHAHA
I've tried jigging with the gomoku vibe but no results, not even tilapia. And the gomoku vibe did get snagged by some huge mess of thick braid that was a pain to remove...seriously, those chinese baiters...

murasame
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by murasame »

Havent used this forum in a while, certainly have "upgraded" my skills hehehe (rubbers definitely the way to go)
Dont rlly fish pandan anymore :c

Some catches from pandan (few out of many)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Thanks for sharing the catches there, that reservoir has so much good potential for anglers with rocky banks all around. I don't suppose you got into troubles with the PUB officers there? :eyebrow: