Molly Stream

Fishing reports primary from freshwater reservoirs, lakes and streams.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Molly Stream

Post by Peace »

Alright maybe it's not that much of a secret but many often overlook this stream because it's so shallow. I've seen many amazing creatures over the years in the molly stream and I come back here every now and then to check it out. Gotta love this place.

I spotted three Haruans after patiently surveyed the water, waiting for them to come up for air. There were many Tilapias, mollies and even mullets in the water too. I got plenty of worms from nearby because I know I must get pass the Tilapias before I can get a chance to catch the Haruans. The Haruans were pretty cautious too, they very well know that I am up to. They kept their mouth shut for an hour long but finally succumbed to the flat juicy earthworms. :lol:

I managed to land only two, the first one which I didn't managed to take picture of as it slipped out from my hands after I de-hooked it. It slithered down the grass quickly and gave me a good thrashing of muddy water as it dives back into the water. :mad: I caught it's big brother shortly, and it was rather cooperative. I lay it back into the water gently for being a good boy. :)

More...

The cautious snakehead that didn't take the bait

Caught a small barb too

Obligatory Molly video :p

daryl tan
Non-registered User
Non-registered User

Re: I have my own secret Long Kang too!

Post by daryl tan »

hahar nice catch wheres this stream? I also caught a toman 6 kg.view it at:http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=6 ... =644543833

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Hi Daryl, welcome to HLF. So sorry I can't disclose the location, but you're not missing anything big. The water there is shallow and is often ruined by muddy water during heavy rainfall, not exactly the type of place people usually want to fish in. ;)

That's a nice snakehead you have there, you seem to do lots of freshwater fishing ya? :)

arsenal
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by arsenal »

tat small bard shape looks funny, front body n face looks like arowana but behind seems like a damage body. :( :( :(

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

arsenal wrote:tat small bard shape looks funny, front body n face looks like arowana but behind seems like a damage body.
Nah the fish is fine, it just looked weird in that angle and not fully in water. I let it go after the shot. :)
I revisited the molly stream again today to see how it was doing, I'm glad to see it's still the same and immediately spotted some Haruans resting near the surface. I brought along an artificial froggie to test today to see if I can fool them with.

It must be spring tide now because the seawater managed to reach this far up the stream, the Haruans didn't seem bothered by it though. I brought some earthworms but I decided to try to the frog lure first. They didn't seem very interested in the frog I lure past them, but repeated casting made a Haruan take a hit on my froggie. The hook didn't set the first time, but it took the froggie again after a few more casts and this time the hook manage to set. :)

And here it is, the small little guy.

They got all smart up after the first victim and decided to lay low near the grass, time to bring out the real deal: Earthworms! At first I used a float and they got curious and came to push the float with their nose, totally ignoring the earthworm below. :S

So I removed the float leaving just the hook and worm. It's hard to cast with barely any weight but luckily the fishes are just a stone throw away. They seem to let their guard down with this setup, I got quite a few hits but I keep failing to set the hook. I think the worm hook I used was too small. I only managed to land another Haruan after a few frustrating attempts.

The Haruan caught using an Earthworm.

The haruans started to wise up and refused to eat anymore. :( I put the float back on and placed near a grassy bank. I dump the rest of the worms into the water where my line was, and within seconds my float sank. It turned out to be a greedy soon hock. :lol:

Video of the misses. :rant:

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: I have my own secret Long Kang too! (update: 10/10)

Post by dBs™ »

Cool ... looks like your long kang still in good shape .. mine is gone forever I guess. :(

Nice job there ... soon hock sia.
My birthday gift from Peacy ? :lol:

Alright ... didn't get to go fishing yesterday as was busy with Scott.
Preparing ammos now and will be setting off soon for some small game fishing at a new fishing hole.
Needs to train Scott to fetch back the fish ! :lol:

Wish us luck. :yay:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's a rushed job but I wrapped up the soon hock for you. Happy Birthday! :p

Before you teach Scott to fetch the fish, make sure you teach him how to swim first. :lol: Good luck with your fishing!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I brought fisher to molly stream today but the rain in the morning ruined the stream with muddy water. We tried fishing nonetheless and caught these fishes, no haruans today but it was still good fun. :D

fisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Re: Molly Stream

Post by fisher »

ha will be back for the monster snakehead

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

You mean this monster snakehead that you caught on the last trip? :mischieve: :lol:

fisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by fisher »

haha sorry should be monster haruan :rant:

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Wow, where is this place. I have never caught a Toman before so i wanna know wheres a good spot
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Sorry, I can't disclosed this spot but I can assure you there are no big tomans there. :grin: Big tomans prefer deeper water as opposed to shallow streams like these. Try fishing at Kranji Reservoir, it's a good place for tomans but the competition among anglers there are quite tough these days. :p

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

yep i was thinking of finding a nice and quiet spot to fish for tomans, where the waters are not so polluted
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's difficult to find such a spot in Singapore, and if there is it would have already been raided to death by anglers. Singapore is only this big afterall, plus inland waterways are strictly controlled by PUB. It's hard on freshwater anglers to find productive legal grounds anymore. :(