[CR] Another small Chermin

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

[CR] Another small Chermin

Post by Peace »

It's back to chermin waiting game for me this week, it's a very hot day and somehow the weather forecast expects showers over many areas. :S Bought some live prawns for the chermin and dead prawns for me to entertain myself with small fishes during the wait.

It didn't take me long to notice my rod slowly twitch, I gave it a strike and got something on the line. It was really demoralizing to land an eel to start the day. It got its slim all over my rig, I had the thought of throwing the rig away but I washed it and put it back to use.

Sometime later, I got a nibble on my smaller rod using dead prawns. I guess I gave the Leatherjacket too much time to bite and it end up gut hooked. ::x:

I didn't get anything for a while so I park the rod in the stand while I took a break from the scorching sun. A greedy swimming crab took the chance to steal my prawns but got caught on my small hook right between its eyes. :lol:

Then it comes to late afternoon when I'm out of enthusiasm to run about to look for fish anymore, I just sat down like a zombie waiting for the fish to come. 0.o My rod suddenly gave a quick flex and the line slacks back. I ran to check it out, only hesitating whether the fish had took the hook. I soon realized the fish was actually coming towards me as my line gets slacker and slacker. :lol: The rest was easy once you figure the fish out.