my 2010 catch!!

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: my 2010 catch!!

Post by Peace »

Puffers are naughty, they would chew on your line and hooks just for the fun of it. I ever came back with a sinker with their chew marks all over it, they have some pretty nasty teeth. :sweatdrop:

weekeong
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by weekeong »

haha its a nightmare!! so happy to experience a huge pull only to realise its a puffer.. and its a great challenge to bring them up the jetty!! arghhhhhhhhh i hate them.. towards the end, this beauty came up!! surprised to see a chao xi there

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Your jetty looks all too productive, nice chao xi there. You know some people call the fish '美人扇', a very beautiful name. :)

weekeong
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by weekeong »

this jetty is damn inconsistent.. can get funny fishes but can oso be frustrating!! hot sun but nothing!! LOL
i dunno abt the nick for chao xi.. but its a nice name and this fish is beautiful, can get in punggol area too

James_Nor
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Newbie

Post by James_Nor »

the puffer must be survive from the oil spill that time.. that why black black de.. haha

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

throw into fying pan straight, no need oil >=D

weekeong
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by weekeong »

hmmm come and think of it.. i have not see this kinda color puffer too
maybe its really those oil spill.. didnt bother to find out, unhook, take photo and back its released into the water

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

wanna go fish tis sat? :D

weekeong
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by weekeong »

weekend usually i dun fish.. cos my boy will wanna follow :(

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fishing,surfishing and offshore fishiing

Post by ageangel »

which area did you go to fish??
mind telling me even if it is thru pm,cause im finding a good spot to fish,been almost a year since i got a fish..

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Maybe you should look into how you're currently fishing and see what can improve or change from there. Try using different rigs, baits or techniques at a same spot can give you very different results. Don't be afraid to talk to the regulars at a fishing ground, ask them for advice and follow it for a change. ;)

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:Maybe you should look into how you're currently fishing and see what can improve or change from there. Try using different rigs, baits or techniques at a same spot can give you very different results. Don't be afraid to talk to the regulars at a fishing ground, ask them for advice and follow it for a change. ;)
hahaxx..yeah of course,but currently im luring now since im using bait only during when fishing at bedok jetty or changi..lol..as a matter of fact,you can say i got fish,only never landed one,got bite saw floater being pulled away,pull,heavy,when going to reach,very light then see hokk half left,haiyoh,what kind of teeth does the fish have

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

ageangel wrote:hahaxx..yeah of course,but currently im luring now since im using bait only during when fishing at bedok jetty or changi..lol..as a matter of fact,you can say i got fish,only never landed one,got bite saw floater being pulled away,pull,heavy,when going to reach,very light then see hokk half left,haiyoh,what kind of teeth does the fish have
A pity the hook didn't set well for your floating rig. For luring, you can try SAFYC at Changi. It's quite a popular place for luring queenfish, especially on an incoming tide at daybreak.

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:
ageangel wrote:hahaxx..yeah of course,but currently im luring now since im using bait only during when fishing at bedok jetty or changi..lol..as a matter of fact,you can say i got fish,only never landed one,got bite saw floater being pulled away,pull,heavy,when going to reach,very light then see hokk half left,haiyoh,what kind of teeth does the fish have
A pity the hook didn't set well for your floating rig. For luring, you can try SAFYC at Changi. It's quite a popular place for luring queenfish, especially on an incoming tide at daybreak.
SAFYC at Changi??
where actually is it located??how to get there?to be precise cause one time i look at goggle map still cannot reach the place im suppose to go..lol
I didn't know it was possible to lure for queenfish by the shore/jetty..never heard or saw sume1 do that,maybe im just really a turtle in its shell..lol..
this sounds exciting really wanna try out there getting a queenfish on lure gonna be cool,saw my friend got one but on a bait which unexpectedly results in an argument cause the fish weridly bite two bait/two hooks of different angler and trying to figure out who got the fish..lol

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's SAF Yacht Club, just beside Changi Naval Base. The club only allows fishing for members and guests on the gangway. For other people, they just fish just outside the club.

Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_tra ... ite_79557/

At times, especially on weekends the place can be ridiculously overcrowded with rods. :shocked: