A Happy New Year XD

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

A Happy New Year XD

Post by gohyuheng »

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS :beer: :beer: :beer: CHEERS XD
Today went west coast in the morning~ bait is cut prawn only, aiming for rabitfish =D. Go there le, set our rods, cast and get ready. immediately up two swajiams XD (Note , we used weight with tamban hooks , no float hor....)
Than after that no more fishes le :( :( we decided to head to long kang, maybe got some fishes there lor. Than saw malays, also use weight and appolo rig. Throw, come up one rabbitfish, throw come out TWO rabbit fish, throw.... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
We see until so surprise, faster set our rods~~~~!But in the end only got one more fish, than mother call, ask us go home le :( :( :(
Who can guess whats the last fish XD.

Quite good catch laa~~ will try again next time.
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: A Happy New Year XD

Post by limfish »

good job!!
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Heh, looks like the rabbitfish knows how to avoid you this time. It's lucky you managed to catch these three fishes before being called back to the 'mothership'. :lol:

A happy new year to you too. :)

Bushmen
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: I'm more into surf fishing!! But as long as it's fishing.. It doesn't matter at all!!

Post by Bushmen »

Bro, rabbitfish is nice to cook with...? Just curious!

catfish
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf fishing and lure fishing always practice catch and release

Post by catfish »

dude scats/rabbit fishes are poisonous

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

catfish wrote:dude scats/rabbit fishes are poisonous
Nah, they aren't poisonous. They're venomous though, meaning the 'poison' is in their sting/spines. Poisonous fish will have the 'poison' in their organs or flesh like the pufferfish. :)

Bushmen
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: I'm more into surf fishing!! But as long as it's fishing.. It doesn't matter at all!!

Post by Bushmen »

catfish wrote:dude scats/rabbit fishes are poisonous
Ohh.. I didn't know that. See so many post abt it.. I was just curious. Thanks bro!!

catfish
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf fishing and lure fishing always practice catch and release

Post by catfish »

yea forget to mention bout the spines :sweatdrop: but i dun think theyre edible i usually see them sold as aquarium fish :grin:

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Lure fishing , offshore fishing

Post by zufeeqhar »

Bro rabbit fish are nice eating fish you can steam it at the flesh is soft they selling it at supermarkets they are definitely edible and my gawd they taste good
Usually its not where you fish but how you fish .

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

haha yes. around this time is the favoured time to catch them i think, cause i think around this time they have eggs? Oh and scats and rabbitfish are only venomous, not poisonous. Venomous=Poison is in the spines or teeth
poisonous= Poison is in the body of the fish/ organs. Thus snapping of all spines before keeping them would ensure safety

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

well , i got alot of question as i dont know what hook size to use at west coast , everytime i go i anyhow use de haha

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Glad to see you guys are sharing information and helping each other out in one way or other . :thumbsup:
It's always HLF's main objectives ... to share and to care ~
So don't be afraid to ask ...
Peace will be more than happy to answer your queries ! :D

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Depends on what fish you are targetting. For swajiam(sand whitings) Can use appolo rig with very very very small hooks , smaller the better. use prawn meat and cover the hook with it(do not put too much bait) my favourite spot is at the most right side of the park.(there is sand there ) Immediately after you cast your line, straighten it immediately and you should start feeling the bites.Usually before one minute ends all my bait is gone :sweatdrop: For rabbitfish and kimkor, use float and appolo (also smaller the better) Do not need to throw far , just about two meters from shore can le. High tide is usually the best. There is a look out point which says no fishing at west coast park and if you throw crab nets there, you will be surprised. at low tide, have alot of mud crabs and flower crabs, also have swimming crabs, quite good size. Seen people land queenies at the look out also.

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

At the longkang at the most right always have kim bak lor swimming about. Can go there use lure to target them

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

thx alot buddy , i will try using lure to catch sure barramudi there =D the last time i use to catch barramudi there but smaller in size about 400 gram == using dead prawn haha