West Coast fishing.Again.

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

West Coast fishing.Again.

Post by gohyuheng »

i really should find a new 'subject'
Another extremely lousy day at West Coast park. Hm Hm. No pictures as my new phone i still don't know how to use but i'll share.First, we went to the mini look out jetty area to fish (Not on it, around it)I was feeling extremely desperate for some game fish so i took the whole bag of prawns and went to the long kang in hopes of sea bass XD, leaving my dad with some cut prawns, he say he satisfied with small fish. I went to long kang start fishing lor.Also nothing.hook whole prawn leave there with bell than go see what others are doing. Sekali got this group of people throwing net and the deeper part of long kang.I see them damned pissed off leh ! One WHOLE BIG SACK OF FISHES leh~!!!! I try lift also cannot zzz.Inside got two sea bass as long as my fore arm and mullets about the same size. Than got caoxi, swajiam, crabs, rabbitfish scattered around the whole sack ! :mad: I was so pissed, until the man offered me some fishes :p He gave me one swa jiam, one silver biddy , and one mullet. XD than i went back to my rod no more fish. This guy beside me landed a small mullet the size of my pinky so he give me use as bait. Once i put my bell on my rod. RING RING RING RING. No more fish :rant: :rant: :rant: Than i used the small swajiam as bait in hope of stingray, as this teenager said he landed a 4 kg stingray here using cut prawn ( probably got a swajiam than the stingray ate the swajiam). But in the end i got nothing except one more swajiam from my dad. Back home, cause even though no tuition today, must celebrate baby(5 is it considered baby?) sister's birthday
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: West Coast fishing.Again.

Post by Peace »

What kind of nets are they using, is it cast net or long nets? It looks that place has quite a lot of fishes indeed. But with that kind of fishing, it would take some time for that place to revitalize. 0.o Which longkang are we talking about here, is it the one near the marina or the one near the shipyard?

Thanks for sharing your day at West Coast Park with us and happy birthday to your little sister. She's a toddler at this age. :gift: :cake:

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

leng=destperate fisher men :(
Sea bas stiil take dun realease arh??
Wah lan
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Manmok Sangkut
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf fishing

Post by Manmok Sangkut »

Which Longkang you go??? I also went to west coast park to fish just now. I reach there around 10.30am. I fish near the longkang at the right side. I stay on till like 9pm :D During low tide LOST A BIGGIE! Suspected to be about 3 - 4 kg fish. Damn sad. That is my second time lost a BIG FISH at the very same spot :(
* M@Nm0k $@nGkUt *

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

what bait did you use ? life prawn ? sotong ? dead prawn ?

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

prwans and small fish, the long kau at the ship yard
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

wa , the sea bass that they use now net to catch , how big ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I ever fished from a boat just off the canal at a surf-able distance. Turns out there are chermins there during high tides, caught quite a few of them there.

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

are they big ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Not really big but very decent, four of the chermins in the pic below was caught just off the canal but of course, from a boat.

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

what bait and use what hook size ? is it float or what ? i die die want to catch 1 chermain LOL :D

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Well this was a few years back. One of the problem with that area is that barges move in and out and sometimes too many barges moored there actually blocks the spot. Size 2/0 hooks on a lsbf rig should work nicely on chermins.