Bedok Jetty

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Brandelyne
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Bedok Jetty

Post by Brandelyne »

Hi guys,

Am planning to go BJT tomorrow morning around 11am. What rig is best to use over there ? ( intending to use dead prawns and kembong meat as baits ). Been there a few times and the current is really strong. So what would you advice to do and not to do ?

Thank you in advance :D :p :) ;) :D

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Re: Bedok Jetty

Post by Daryl »

Well i do not noe about the jetty ~ I been there i guess 3 times only? well from what i observed is most people there are using tamban and prawns i do not noe whether kembong meat would work well anot . I guess the rig you can try to setup is probably cable car rig as the bait goes with the current and fishes like queenies pelagic fishes would stay around the area . LSBF is also another alternative if you are hunting for stingrays ... i guess whiting , prawns ~ and tamban might work better for stingrays . From the trips i been there i saw todaks hanging aorund the surface too.... try targetting them with a floater with tamban wait for them to gulp down the bait then you set the hook... Groupers are counted rare catch from there i guess ... because i browse thru many bedok jetty catches and all are chermins~ mackeral~ queens ~ stingray~ puffer ~ saitoh ( wolf herring ) and threadfins~ not many has landed a grouper though there are some under the jetty ~ good luck for ur trip ~ and happy fishing =D

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Bedok Jetty

Post by Peace »

Sorry for the late reply. :o If you're counting on prawn and kembong meat, it'll be good with bottom rigs such as apollo or lsbf. If you're able to land and rig up some live tambans, you can try for pelagic or even bottom fishes like daryl said. I would more attention during when the tide changes or when you see lots of surface action. ie. when the big fishes are sniping the baitfishes.

Good luck fishing today and watch out for the weather, it hasn't been too friendly recently. :sweatdrop: