Hello ... Punggol Promenade

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Punggol 17th High Wall ... a place so popular with anglers ... was scheduled for a total revamp in 2009.
An old jetty famous for it's egging activities and the little hut housing the Police post ...
has now being transformed into a brand new place call ... PUNGGOL PROMENADE !

Two years ago ... made a last visit to the place : viewtopic.php?p=9931#p9931

Has not fish there ever since ...

Visited the place with my two boys in toll ... bringing back fond memories of the place as we walked from the old Jetty ...
all the way to Punggol Marina ...

Enjoy the walk with us here ... in pictures ~ :pics:

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: Hello ... Punggol Promenade

Post by dBs™ »

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

With this last pic we bring you a walk through to Punggol Promenade.
A place which was once surrounded with just the sea and pine trees ... grasses and green railings.
Though they kept much of the forested area but guess it won't be long as there is already a lrt station being build.
It's a matter of time when the place will be housing restaurant and eateries bringing crowds here for a weekend retreats.
So ... anglers ... wet your line there for as long as you still can ...
And we might just have to bid a final farewell to this place .... soon !

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Friends who are heading there for fishing, please be very careful, especially if you are fishing in the night.

We actually went for a fishing trip recently trying to find out if the fishy friends are still around.
But unfortunately ... was forced to turned back upon reaching as it started to rain heavily.
Lightning was slashing across the sky and my two fur boys were drenched ... so were we !

Decided to head home ... but we will be back ! :rant:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Wow, the place looks really different now, a lot cleaner and beautiful. Still, I would prefer fishing in the old punggol 17th times from an angler's perspective. Anglers fishing there should know to keep the place clean, I really hate to see anglers losing another fishing spot due to irresponsibility and laziness.

Thanks for the wonder writeup on the place, dBs. :rose:

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

wow you spend some effort to 'do up your' playground huh. . .? :lol:

good job!
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Post by Oinkie »

Peace wrote:Wow, the place looks really different now, a lot cleaner and beautiful. Still, I would prefer fishing in the old punggol 17th times from an angler's perspective. Anglers fishing there should know to keep the place clean, I really hate to see anglers losing another fishing spot due to irresponsibility and laziness.

Thanks for the wonder writeup on the place, dBs. :rose:

It's a matter of time we will loose this place. Cos there are more inconsiderate anglers around who thinks nothing but leave a pile of rubbish around when the bin is just 10 meters away.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Speaking of which ... if you look at this pic ... there is not a single bin in sight !

One was found in the mid section of this LONG walk where the one and only hut is ... you find hut u find bin.

Irresponsible anglers happens everywhere ... and let's put it this way ... not anglers and it is not this place only.
Park users also play a part in keeping the place clean ...
We spotted many "visitors" who came and look see look see ...
And Punggol beaches is famous for it's gorgeous sight and smell ...
Tides bring in tons of rubbish donated from our neighbors and oil from those shipping activities ...
The water condition is getting from bad to worst ... hopefully some effort will be put into cleaning up "the other side of the dam"
Else ... visitor to Punggol Park can welcome a gorgeous sight like this pic below !

Football, helmet, empty bottle, styrofoam boxes, shoes, toothbrush, plastic bags ... you name it ... you find it ! :lol:

Once many years back ... while fishing on the high wall ... one of my friend fish up a condom ! hahahaha !
Can't get any luckier than that can he ? LOL !

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Post by Newguy »

Can we actually fish at the jetty or the stretch of walk from the jetty to the marina...

And is it legal???? Coz from the pic its like all the anglers r actually fishing @ a spot where hard to see them from far..
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

The place is not officially out of bound to anglers yet ... in time to come ... there is a possibilities.
But in the mean time ... the place is "legal" fishing ground.

Jetty ... advisable to fish after 7pm on weekdays as it is a pretty busy jetty with people traveling for work and to Ubin for outward bound training as well.
As you can see, it's a pretty small jetty so it can be pretty tough trying to fish during the day.

Stand facing the sea, turn left will lead you to the famous Punggol high wall ... all the way to the Punggol Marina.
You may fish at any point along this stretch.
Turn right from jetty will bring you to Coney Island ( island is out of bound to anglers )
You can fish along this stretch at the moment but I think it will be "ïllegal" in time to come.
So fish here while you still can ...

Leng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure Fishing, Prawning, Inshore Fishing

Post by Leng »

Hey dbs, nice photos. But beware when you let your dogs wander around as there are anglers who are inconsiderate enough to leave hooks on the grass. I stepped into hooks in East Coast Park but luckily I was wearing slippers. I rather they throw them into the sea as there might be kids around these area too, of course, the most ideal place is to dump the hooks into the bins.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Thanks for reminder Leng ...
Those are deadly litters ! :rant:

I used to pick them up when fishing on the high wall ...
They are everywhere ... I once stepped on those rusty hooks and lucky it didn't punctured through my thick rubber shoes.

The grass patches near high wall is definitely still very clean at the moment as place is not as accessible as before.
But with news of it's opening ... even old regulars like me are returning to this old playground ...
I just hope anglers will not dirty the place with hooks, unused baits etc etc and have the place mark " NO FISHING ALLOWED "

So let's be a responsible angler and bring your trash out with you when you leave the place.
There is not many trash bin at the moment ...

ant
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by ant »

Hmmmm.. looks yummy...

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

ant wrote:Hmmmm.. looks yummy...