Baiting catch

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Baiting catch

Post by Peace »

A fishing trip with a friend to my favourite spot using some dead prawns. I caught the grouper on handline and the yellowtail on sabiki jig, I wished there were more of them. My friend caught the other two but had a strong take but the fish got away. The fishes were caught in the morning while the tide was coming in, it became quiet into the afternoon. I probably should have left early for Ice Kacang instead of getting baked in the sun. :lol:

alibabaCrabber
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: anything

Re: Baiting catch

Post by alibabaCrabber »

Not bad sia... last sat aim whole day for yellowtail but not even 1 hookup :cry:

eh any techic for getting yellowtails??

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Did you use those small little shrimps (hae beo) as baits, yellowtails simply can't resist them. Maybe the tide isn't right that day, you will want the water to be moving for them to be active. St John's and Sisters' Islands are very good places to hunt for them, you'll need to take a ferry or charter a boat to sisters' though.

alibabaCrabber
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: anything

Post by alibabaCrabber »

eh i was using bits of prawn meat and its was a rising tide current was very strong. yet not a single bite :confused:

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

wah your favourite spot like sure catch spot hor . . . bling me along leh, i have not clock my first catch for 2012 . . . how pathetic right?
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

weaver
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure Fishing,offshore fishing and prawning

Post by weaver »

nice catch!!wow yellowtail on sabaki jigs? awesome! the grouper looks yummy :drool: :drool:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

alibabaCrabber wrote:eh i was using bits of prawn meat and its was a rising tide current was very strong. yet not a single bite :confused:
Does your spot usually have yellowtails? Or rather, are yellowtails recently caught or sighted at your spot?
sgpu wrote:bling me along leh, i have not clock my first catch for 2012 . . . how pathetic right?
Don't worry, when you hit one it'll be a biggie. ;)
weaver wrote:wow yellowtail on sabaki jigs?
Yep, just jig like how you would normally do for tambans.