No luck

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

No luck

Post by stout infantfish »

Went to Bedok Jetty on 5th march Monday evening till morning catch only 22 Tamban (small).In the Afternoon(6th March ,went with my friend to Pulau Ubin to fish and got nothing.So sad. :(
Edit: Moved your thread to Inshore fishing.
- Peace

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: No luck

Post by Peace »

The catch at Bedok Jetty didn't seem that bad, the fun in jigging tambans never get old for me. :D You can bring home and keep them as baits for your next trip.

What time did you do your fishing on Ubin, I've looked at the tide table and it seems that it peaks around 10 in the morning. The fishing won't be too good once the tide starts to ebb. How did you guys fish and what baits/lures did you use?

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Like i mentioned, peace,its was a two days back to back fishing.We arrived at pulau ubin at low tide and fish till about 7pm.Shifted two locations,one was left side of the jetty (about 5 mins walk)the old ubin community centre now NEA office.The other was the right side or the island 10 mins walk near the antenna station.Would like to post a photo but not able to as i cannot upload it here(permission not given by you yet).
However,i got a great story.While fishing, a stray dog came beside me and watched,i gave him my goreng pisang but he did not touched it.The dog then when and bite a coconut husk off the coconut intending to eat the contents.But gave up about a minute.
Here is the best part.The stray dog came up to me,look into the sea for a long while,suddenly walk into the sea and swam about 20m.I thought it was trying to cross the sand bank however,he came back with a KBL (Sea Bass) a big one without a head though.Size about 25cm.My fishing buddy Ivan said that we are beaten by a dog when fishing.LOL.
Well,i will try fishing at another location next month as i have already blew my budget this month travelling to and fro by taxi.Stay tune guys.Thanks Peace :nod:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Haha, that's a great story. Dogs on the island are actually very good scavengers on the beach, and this one has a very good eye. Try fishing on a day with spring tide and go when the tide is about to rise. The water can be the lowest when you're there and you can start fishing and observe the change in bite rate as the water rises. You'll at least have a good one hour of fishing and a few okay hours after that.

Sorry we don't offer image attachment to our members as it can drastically increase the cost of running this website. You can still put pictures in your posts but it's just a little more troublesome. Just go to any image hosting website like imgur.com and upload your images there, copy the generated forum embed code and paste it your post and the image should appear. You can see this video if you're not sure.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Noted.Thanks Peace.wii try to post a picture next time. :thumbsup:

Leng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure Fishing, Prawning, Inshore Fishing

Post by Leng »

Next time just leash the dog and throw it into the sea. You don't need any bait. New way of fishing.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

LOL,im sure SPCA wun approve of that :p
Well,good luck next time,for the biggies are waiting! ;)
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~