First sotong in australia!

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

Went down to brighton jetty with my newfound singaporean angler! :D fish from 7.30-10.00am total we caught 2 squids and 1 cuttle fish. I caught only 1! ><
Rod and reel was a 19dollars combo from k mart, jigs were ranging 2-3aud/pc. I so miss daiso egi jigs.
Heres my sotong!
The cuttlefish is kinda big, abt 1kg++, didnt use anything as reference, bz eging!
I also saw afew squids caught in the early morning and they are really big if you compare them to sg standards, and the pictures i took dont to them justice :( must ask dbs teach me how take better pix :D

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Re: First sotong in australia!

Post by stout infantfish »

SOTONG........ :p
Its nice to go overseas to catch fish or crusteacean as we are so normally used to our kind of fish.
Great catch :nod:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: First sotong in australia!

Post by Peace »

I bet you were itching to fish ever since you touched down. :D Good start on the eging with a very cost effective setup, you'll be having squids for many dinners to come. :lol: Thanks for sharing your adventures from down under, do take care of your own safety when you fish!