Ah lau is always right

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Ah lau is always right

Post by ilurbtambans »

The day after i went eging for squid for bait, me and my friends went fishing at this placed called noarlunga jetty which was further south where we normally fished. Google map screwed up and we wasted abt an hour getting to the place

After setting up my friends left me to take a look at the locals catch, but there were none. They talked to some locals and noted down some tips and was told that the beach further up may produce some fishes and so we packed up and moved to the beach and chose a spot beside a river mouth, and the locals were right! We caught 7 in total but 1 escapes lol! I landed on a 14g jig(foul hooked), another fren landed his on a 30g jig and my newbie friend landed 5! Talk about beginners luck lol But strangely they dont take fresh squid strips but rather defrosted cockles.. i

QTfisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf, Handline, offshore. but all kinds also good.

Re: Ah lau is always right

Post by QTfisher »

yummy

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Ah lau is always right

Post by Peace »

Ooh that looks like a relaxing place to fish at, always trust the locals when fishing in an unfamiliar place. :thumbsup: Great catch there, do you happen to know what fish it is? Perhaps cockles are their natural food though I bet it's the strong scent that attracts them.