CR: Two of Everything

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

CR: Two of Everything

Post by Peace »

A recent fishing trip with a friend to hunt for chermins. For as long as we've waited, they never came. :( Nonetheless, it has been an exciting trip with Queenfish entertaining us once again; two this time. We moved on to do some handlining and caught ourselves a snapper each.

Towards the end, we caught a squid that was trying to steal our prawns. We lured it to the surface but it retreated back into the deep. I deploy a squid jig down immediately and the squid took it in no time, following another at the same spot. I think they might have been a pair, but that doesn't stop me from making them my dinner. :shiftyeyes:

The first Queenfish that hit our live tamban on float

The second one that took a bottom rig

The first squid

The second one

The first snapper on handline

Second one on handline too

A tiny grouper caught on a tamban jig

A juvenile Queenfish that was also caught on tamban jig

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: CR: Two of Everything

Post by dBs™ »

Peace wrote:I think they might have been a pair, but that doesn't stop me from making them my dinner. :shiftyeyes:
Since when will a cat let go of any possible chance of a nice sumptuous seafood dinner ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: CR: Two of Everything

Post by Peace »

Just to add on another catch from my last trip. :) Both fishes are caught on handline using prawns.