Back with a catch report from Bedok Jetty!

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Back with a catch report from Bedok Jetty!

Post by gohyuheng »

Hey guys! It's been a long while since I've been here, not sure if anyone here still remembers me haha! But these few years I haven't been active much, till recently, and so I've decided to come back once again to the place that started me on my fishing journey :)

We arrived at bedok jetty on a bright sunday afternoon with no idea what to expect; its been awhile since I've been fishing after all! Set up one rod with live prawns, and another with tamban jig.

Hours and hours went by, and the only things i had were bait steals and 1 or 2 tambans :( :( :( I remember back in the days tambans used to be abundant around here. Maybe the waves weren't too good.

Around 5pm, all of a sudden, the bell on my main rod broke the moodiness! It was a quick fight as I didn't cast really far, but after a short struggle, i landed this!

Not bad for my first fishing trip in awhile i guess! (It's actually one of my biggest mainland catches already)

Here's another pic of the sicklefish.

Soon, sunset hit and the waiting game continued again...
Here's some nice view from bedok jetty :)

Right before packing up, the main rod hit once again! However, it was strong too, with my rod nearly getting pulled into the waters! However, by the time i got to my rod, I found out that the line snapped :( :(

And that concludes my bedok jetty trip! I'll definitely be back again with more catch reports once i find the time to go on more trips. :)

Edit: I can't seem to get the images to appear @.@ So I'll just leave it as links for now
Edit: Fixed the embed links for you
- Peace
Last edited by gohyuheng on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Re: Back with a catch report from Bedok Jetty!

Post by gohyuheng »

Ah i kinda forgot how to upload images anymore I'll get this fixed.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

It's good to see you again Yu Heng. That Caoxi is pretty good size, it must have drawn quite some attention on the jetty. It's been such a long while since I've been there myself, I've forgotten how beautiful the sunset there is. I hope to see more of your exciting catches in the future! ;)

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Thanks peace!! I'll be sure to upload another catch report soon :)
On a side note, anyone knows how to cook caoxi?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

You can actually steam it, it's not that bad. Some might not like the slight muddy taste to it but if can't tell the taste difference between farmed and wild fish, you're probably fine with it. But on the safe choice, the good old Assam Pedas will serve you just fine.