Pulau Ubin CR

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Pulau Ubin CR

Post by gohyuheng »

So decided to head down to Ubin today to do some fishing, tides and currents looking good.

Took an early ferry with my dad to Ubin, reached our spot around 10 am. Armed with live prawns on our medium tackles, and cut prawns on tamban hooks on light tackles, we were quite hopeful.

The trip started out slowly, with being attacked by the tripod army :sweatdrop:

When the tides reached its peak at around 2pm, light tackle bell went off rather loudly :shocked:
After a decent fight, landed this playful tuskfish (on tiny cut prawns :shocked: )

We were getting a few more hits on our light tackles, with an assortment of sand whitings, tripods, eel-tailed catfishes and a tiny toad fish too!

However, at the end of the day, not a single hit on our live prawns :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rather disappointing actually.

I think the problem might be the large abundance of sea grass in the area; each time we retrieved, we had to deal with this.

We headed back around 5, when the tides were receding and we stopped getting hits
Total catch brought home!
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Pulau Ubin CR

Post by Peace »

Heh, those cute little tripodfish can be a nightmare if you don't bring enough prawn meat. The tuskfish is certainly a good catch and I think you're right about the seagrass. The biggies probably can't spot your live prawns among them. May be you can try using floats so they won't get tackle in the seagrass that often. It's a good way to target for sea bass too. :nod: