First chermin!

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

First chermin!

Post by gohyuheng »

Went to south spot with murasame last week!

Initially started out slow, there were very few tambans and kuning!! But the selars were quite big!

In the middle of the day, bell on my larger rod went off. I was quite a distance away had to run for it :sweatdrop:

Fight was quite strong, and after awhile, my first ever diamond landed :D :D
I think it was 900g to a kg.

Also managed to foul hook a good sized flower :)

My total bring home!! Overall good trip :D
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: First chermin!

Post by Peace »

Congrats on landing your first chermin, what bait did you catch it with? Chermins are pretty good fight, but always visually spot how secure the hook is on the mouth when it surfaces. They can tear off rather easily and you must be cautious when landing them especially from higher ground.

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

Congrats on your first chermin! :D The season for the selars should be underway and will be plentiful from the place you're fishing at, you'll also get the occasional big ones that pull real hard. Do keep an eye on where you're stepping as there are inconsiderate anglers who discard their hooks on the ground and you might hooked while walking barefoot there. Hope to see more of your CR's in future! :nod:

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Peace wrote:Congrats on landing your first chermin, what bait did you catch it with? Chermins are pretty good fight, but always visually spot how secure the hook is on the mouth when it surfaces. They can tear off rather easily and you must be cautious when landing them especially from higher ground.
Caught on live prawn!! A single live prawn lasted for over 3 hours on the hook before finally being taken :p Luckily for me the chermin was hooked quite deep!!
Congrats on your first chermin! :D The season for the selars should be underway and will be plentiful from the place you're fishing at, you'll also get the occasional big ones that pull real hard. Do keep an eye on where you're stepping as there are inconsiderate anglers who discard their hooks on the ground and you might hooked while walking barefoot there. Hope to see more of your CR's in future! :nod:
Yeah recently an uncle told me he landed a 13 kg red snapper using a large selar as bait :shocked: Thanks for the warning though I've already been stabbed by a hook there before :cry:

Limpeh
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Luring, Offshore, Ponding, Jigging

Post by Limpeh »

Nice Catch!

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Limpeh wrote:Nice Catch!
Thank you :)

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Jetty Fishing, Lure Fishing, Squid Fishing, Crabbing, Offshore Fishing.

Post by Commando_YR_Chin »

sweet catch!!! :) :thumbsup:
Fishing is #AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :D :fish: :fish2: