Biggest catch yet!

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Biggest catch yet!

Post by gohyuheng »

Finally booked out after ~28 days of confinement :confused:

Grabbed my gear and headed down to my usual spot with 300g of live prawns. Reached the place around 8 am, tide was coming in. There were quite little bites, and i roamed around the area jigging for tambans (which weren't very plentiful).

At around 10am, I was walking back to my spot after catching a few tambans, when i saw that my surf rod was bending hard :shocked: Threw everything aside and ran for it :P

Line was peeling out and this bugger was pulling hard! Felt heavier than any fish I had fought with before. After ~10 minutes i finally managed to bring it to the surface and up came a Golden Trevally!

5.5kg on the scale :D
In the afternoon, i landed a 500g needlefish on float with kuning, but forgot to take a pic of that fella.
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Biggest catch yet!

Post by Peace »

Bravo, I haven't seen one this size from shore for a while. :thumbsup: Your spot will be swarmed with anglers tomorrow though. :lol: Congrats on landing this biggie, it'll keep your spirit high when you're back in army camp.

oldman
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by oldman »

That place can fish? Thought got no fishing signs and cameras

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

oldman wrote:That place can fish? Thought got no fishing signs and cameras
Nope there isn't! Don't jinx it though ::x:
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

oldman
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by oldman »

:D time to dig out my surk tackle. :D

Commando_YR_Chin
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Jetty Fishing, Lure Fishing, Squid Fishing, Crabbing, Offshore Fishing.

Post by Commando_YR_Chin »

Power ah! :D :thumbsup:
That time i went there only got 1 large todak, be back there soon after my Exams...

(Update 20/8/17: I finished exams I gonna try my luck there on 24th day time... Hopefully can get something... :) )

Update: Got nothing big, but small snappers, a new year fish ( bei tor fish), a leatherjacket, and 2 dwarf groupers.... :) and a very nasty sunburn. :(
Fishing is #AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :D :fish: :fish2: