Christmas CR

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Christmas CR

Post by gohyuheng »

Headed to the usual last night armed with 20 tambans. Arrived around 12 midnight. Place was very crowded and I was chased away from my usual casting spot :( no choice but to go further down and cast.

Was later alerted by another guy that my rod was ringing. Went to check, line went slack. Tightened, slowly slackened again. Strike ah!!! Come up one nice 800g grouper. Recast same spot, 30 mins later hit a 1.2kg seng :sweatdrop:
Must be my lucky slippers I chose for this trip :D

Forgot to snap off the spines of the ah seng and kept it with the grouper... ended up the grouper kenna poke and one part meat a bit swollen :sweatdrop: wonder if it’s still safe to eat :cry:
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Christmas CR

Post by Peace »

Merry Christmas Yuheng. It's impressive that you managed to land such a catch even when you're not fishing at your usual casting spot. I don't know if it's safe to eat the grouper but I wouldn't take the risk. Its obviously stung by the catfish, and although most of the venom is concentrated at the wound area which you can cut off, blood can also carry it to other parts of its body.

Oh yeah, got to love that fishy slippers of yours. :lol:

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by gohyuheng »

Family decided to eat the grouper anyway, they commented that the meat was softer than usual :shh: maybe this is the secret recipe to yummy groupers :p
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Glad to know it was delicious, but don't try the recipe too often! :sweatdrop: