Finally broke a curse

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Finally broke a curse

Post by gohyuheng »

Previous decent fish I ever caught was a queen fish on an offshore trip... decided to dabao it despite my dad joking that it would curse me :sweatdrop:

Little did I know that the queenie would be my last fish in more than half a year :mad: :mad: :mad:

Headed down to the usual spot with ilurbtambans in the morning. Managed to catch some tambans to last the day. I used LSBF along with a clipped on cable car! Lost two pretty big todaks in the morning, but wasn’t too bummed out by that.

Anyway, later on in the early afternoon, my line was being pulled by some floating debris but I just decided to leave it. Tamban later alerted me that my rod was bending, to which I dismissed it as the debris. However, just a few seconds later, the rod bent LOL. Strike and up came a big fat gao :drool:

It weighed 1.6kg!
Also, it was caught on the cable car instead of the LSBF. Was praying it wasn’t another queenfish while fighting :confused:
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Finally broke a curse

Post by Peace »

That's a great catch, hope that teaches you not to mess with a 'deity' fish again. :p Superstition in fishing can be hard to disprove, especially when luck can play an important part. Then there's the dilemma if you were to catch a queenie on your first catch; keeping it is bad luck, releasing your first catch is also bad luck. :lol:

Good to see you going fishing with ilurbtamban! :thumbsup: