Bedok jetty CR

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Bedok jetty CR

Post by BeachBum »

I've been lure fishing recently at Pasir ris, but caught nothing. Because my job can knock off at 5pm, and near east side. Yesterday, I went Bedok jetty. The tide was quite high at around 5-6pm. I saw some baitfish shoals, and also saw the occasional fish attacking the shoal from under. Then I think got chance today. I use a wedge spoon with a DIY fly. I can feel bites but when strike, there is no struggle. Then after a few cast, finally got a fish. Never caught this before, If anyone knows ?

gohyuheng
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Re: Bedok jetty CR

Post by gohyuheng »

I think it might be a razor belly scar. Shape and fins match up.
http://handlinefishing.com/whatsthisfis ... lyscad.htm
I wanna catch a big fish~~~~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That's an interesting catch, I've personally not encountered this fish before and I'm not sure what if it belongs to the scad family. Are you trying to say that this is one of the fish moving in a school that you've saw or is it the one attacking the school?

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

Thanks, the baitfishes are smaller. This fish is around 20cm. It has a hump and no spot. Donno what is attacking the shoal as it was fast, only see signs from the water surface. Maybe it is just this fish, since I caught it right after that.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Ah I see, so it's likely the preying on the school of small fish and also why it took your jig. I'm still not sure of its identification though. :sweatdrop: