Rain After The Sunshine

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

User avatar
dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal
Posts: 2296
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:50 pm

Rain After The Sunshine

Post by dBs™ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:53 pm

日晒雨淋之后。。。风雨无阻。。。五个傻瓜。。。雨中漫步! :lol:

An extremely enjoyable trip to be remembered by the five of us.

Heaven was so kind to us. :nod:
We were treated with warm sunshine for breakfast.
Lunch was desert hot sun.
Dinner ???
Rain strew with thunder n lightning.

It was a day ...rain after the sunshine.
Caught in an ugly situation whereby none of us brought along water.
What makes the situation worst ... lost in Singapore.

We walk under the hot sun with not a drop of water for at least an hr or more.
Not a soul insight ... no help .. we are on our own. :cry:
Well ... we ask for it! lol! :p
It was nevertheless ...very fun indeed. :yay:

Finally found our way out with some rock climbing, crossed thick bushes ambushed with
big fat red ants n sneaking thru some fences
we saw humans other than the 5 of us.
Within 10mins of reaching the drinks stall ... 5 of us down 10cans of water n 2 ice cool coconut juice.

After some rest ... we bravely trek back to the spot.
This time ..we were fully arm with 5 btls of mineral water.
Plastic was send out in search of our individual dream.
While we were enjoying ourselves ...
Lightning n thunder greeted us ....
Refused to give up ... we carried on casting n casting....

Heaven was real angry this time.
We were trapped in a heavy downpour with only one raincoat.
I have to praise the lady who was with us for the first time
Her courage to go thru the most "enjoyable" trip we have been thru so far
with no complains. :thumbsup:
So ...she deserved to have the one n only raincoat.
the real reasons was of course ... to keep our mobile hand phones dry. :D

It's been a long long time since I walk in the rain in such carefree mood.
Brings back the memories of kampong living.
Along the way ..we plucked large leaf to use as umbrella ...
water rushing through our feet ...
wind was blowing
we were all cold trembling n hungry .....
After all the sunshine ...we were wishing for a cup of pipping hot kopi.

One of us joke that we go back to the aunty who sold us the drink in the afternoon
but this time we ask for hot drinks instead.
"aunty ...kopi chap bueh ! " lol ! :lol:

Alright ... how can we not have something to share after all the sunshine n rain
A guppy was landed by Lady Jessica ... 2 inches short of my fish grip! ;)


Image

Image
Last edited by dBs™ on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3941
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by Peace » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:29 pm

Good story on your fishing adventure, I certainly wouldn't mind going through that (except the no water part :lol:) It can sometimes be fun wandering in unfamiliar routes even when it seems like you're lost in the middle of nowhere. :p Just be sure you're well equipped with sufficient water. The monsoon is near so expect more rainy trips, remember to bring rainwear and ziplock bags to put your wallets, phones and camera.

I'm sure you guys will be back for more adventures and of course, fishes! ;)

User avatar
raspiritz
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 pm
Fishing interest: Long Rod, Short Rod & Boat Rod
Location: Xin Ka Po

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by raspiritz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:17 pm

ya... go army.... bring ziplock waterproof hoon ki...

go fishing... no bring ziplock to waterproof..... how can!!! :sweatdrop: :o :o

User avatar
Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:38 pm
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by Tere » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:10 am

raspiritz wrote:ya... go army.... bring ziplock waterproof hoon ki...

go fishing... no bring ziplock to waterproof..... how can!!! :sweatdrop: :o :o
Kakakakakaka ... I offer "Ziu Tuck Juu" Hong Kong 7-11 Raincoat. Limited Edition in Singapore. :lol:

:drool: Yum Yum Grouper ... Grouper Yum Yum

User avatar
raspiritz
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 pm
Fishing interest: Long Rod, Short Rod & Boat Rod
Location: Xin Ka Po

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by raspiritz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:49 pm

Tere wrote:
raspiritz wrote:ya... go army.... bring ziplock waterproof hoon ki...

go fishing... no bring ziplock to waterproof..... how can!!! :sweatdrop: :o :o
Kakakakakaka ... I offer "Ziu Tuck Juu" Hong Kong 7-11 Raincoat. Limited Edition in Singapore. :lol:

:drool: Yum Yum Grouper ... Grouper Yum Yum
"Ziu Tuck Juu" raincoat will develop holes!!!!!!!! Next time go army better if not all bring plastic poncho S$1 only leh!!! kekeke!!
<from raspiritz's ah sum> :yay:
Last edited by raspiritz on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:47 pm
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing
Location: Hougang
Contact:

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by desleyhan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:13 am

Angelfishing ... I'm just wondering (where about) in Singapore were you guys lost ... ??? (hehehe)

But still ... it sounds like all fun, fun and fun ...

User avatar
raspiritz
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 pm
Fishing interest: Long Rod, Short Rod & Boat Rod
Location: Xin Ka Po

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by raspiritz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:17 am

desleyhan wrote:Angelfishing ... I'm just wondering (where about) in Singapore were you guys lost ... ??? (hehehe)

But still ... it sounds like all fun, fun and fun ...
desleyhan... sad that say.... we were "lost" in an island very much more smaller than Singapore main island itself.... lol.... :rant: @ 乌敏岛
It was hot and fun though... my hands are still peeling.... as what my ah sum said... we shall prepare S$1 raincoat in future plus lots of sunblock!!

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3941
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by Peace » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Maybe you guys can buy a GPS unit to help navigate around remote places, and use it chart out all the fishing spots on the map (to share with me! :mischieve: )

User avatar
dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal
Posts: 2296
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by dBs™ » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 pm

raspiritz wrote:Ziu Tuck Juu" raincoat will develop holes!!!!!!!! Next time go army better if not all bring plastic poncho S$1 only leh!!! kekeke!!
<from raspiritz's ah sum> :yay:
another missy in the house :shocked:
welcome to HLF !
We'll plan another "mission" when I clear my workload ... u have to come join us !
We know the routes now ! :nod: :D


Peace !
How about a "spot exchange program" with you !? :eyebrow: :lol:
but hor ... u like outa spot le ! lol!


Desleyhan ... so shameful lor ... we lost in Ubin. :lol:
It's a luring trip so we walk/lure along the coastal line.
We carried on walk n walk n walk till we came to an "dead-end"
Instead of turn back n walk home ... we hiong into the bushes thinking its an easier way out
Who knows ... we ended up lost. :o
Keep walking in circle.
However ... we discovered some many potential spots along the way out :eyebrow:
We'll definitely go back for more fun.
Till the day comes ... tight lines all!

Cheers
Angelfishing

User avatar
raspiritz
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 pm
Fishing interest: Long Rod, Short Rod & Boat Rod
Location: Xin Ka Po

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by raspiritz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 am

Next time go must bring one backpack full of water, sunblock, umbrella and poncho!!!! Unless go evening or night... this season better not looks more like got to bring ponchos and....... more ponchos... maybe should learn bikers rainpants and jackets... ke ke kezz... :yay: <ah sum>
Angelfishing wrote:
raspiritz wrote:Ziu Tuck Juu" raincoat will develop holes!!!!!!!! Next time go army better if not all bring plastic poncho S$1 only leh!!! kekeke!!
<from raspiritz's ah sum> :yay:
another missy in the house :shocked:
welcome to HLF !
We'll plan another "mission" when I clear my workload ... u have to come join us !
We know the routes now ! :nod: :D


Peace !
How about a "spot exchange program" with you !? :eyebrow: :lol:
but hor ... u like outa spot le ! lol!


Desleyhan ... so shameful lor ... we lost in Ubin. :lol:
It's a luring trip so we walk/lure along the coastal line.
We carried on walk n walk n walk till we came to an "dead-end"
Instead of turn back n walk home ... we hiong into the bushes thinking its an easier way out
Who knows ... we ended up lost. :o
Keep walking in circle.
However ... we discovered some many potential spots along the way out :eyebrow:
We'll definitely go back for more fun.
Till the day comes ... tight lines all!

Cheers
Angelfishing

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3941
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by Peace » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:29 pm

Angelfishing wrote:Peace !
How about a "spot exchange program" with you !? :eyebrow: :lol:
but hor ... u like outa spot le ! lol!
I shall...exchange my spot Bedok Jetty for one of your secret spots, how's that sound? :mischieve: :p I will be invading your fishing grounds in the future and perhaps we may bump into each other. ;)

User avatar
Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:38 pm
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by Tere » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 pm

Peace wrote:
Angelfishing wrote:Peace !
How about a "spot exchange program" with you !? :eyebrow: :lol:
but hor ... u like outa spot le ! lol!
I shall...exchange my spot Bedok Jetty for one of your secret spots, how's that sound? :mischieve: :p I will be invading your fishing grounds in the future and perhaps we may bump into each other. ;)
Me exchage with USR one can? Kekekeke

RA ... No holes how to buy new one?

User avatar
adesmond2
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:32 am
Fishing interest: Surf fishing only

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by adesmond2 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:06 am

is this spot in singapore??? o.O?

User avatar
Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Posts: 3941
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:48 pm
Fishing interest: Handline fishing
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by Peace » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:47 pm

adesmond2 wrote:is this spot in singapore??? o.O?
I believe Raspiritz mentioned in his post that the place is Pulau Ubin. The Island has much to be explored for fishing spots although the northern side has been fenced up.

User avatar
dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal
Posts: 2296
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Rain After The Sunshine

Post by dBs™ » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:36 pm

Peace wrote:
Angelfishing wrote:Peace !
How about a "spot exchange program" with you !? :eyebrow: :lol:
but hor ... u like outa spot le ! lol!
I shall...exchange my spot Bedok Jetty for one of your secret spots, how's that sound? :mischieve: :p I will be invading your fishing grounds in the future and perhaps we may bump into each other. ;)
Bedok Jetty for Punggol Jetty ? :D

Till the day I lay my hands on your little neck ...enjoy fishing ! :yay:

Post Reply