My day at bjt~ my first cr~

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Handline Fishing, surf fishing

My day at bjt~ my first cr~

Post by holychef »

Went down to bjt for fishing today... first time there and first time using my multiplier... oni got beehoon 3 times :p ;) ... not bad i thought =D :D :D but den when i went out, mum scolding :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: coz too sunny... den she no like.. den kip scold :rant: :rant: :rant: ... first time go there see alot of people jigging for tambans. . . but den beli beli few... den see got some people use bait got alot... so mi copy them and use prawn meat... really tio alot =P like 4 per pull up... but only pull up twice :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: didnt catch any fish with my multiplier :( ... dunno is casting wrong or knot tie wrong... cast out knot untie whole thing fly :cry: :cry: :cry: ... o well here are the pics meow asked for

Image looks very big :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

but in fact...Image its very small :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

BTW
whats this fishie called? the top part will like erect and will become pokie...doesnt look like scat...

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: My day at bjt~ my first cr~

Post by dBs™ »

Not bad ... at least you caught a fish.

That's what we call "kelong chi" aka Therapon

My guess it could be this one

http://handlinefishing.com/whatsthisfis ... erapon.htm

Need a closer pic to tell the exact species. Best when it's still alive.

Did you try using the tamban you caught as baits ?

Guess it's worth the scolding from your mum ... you had a day of fun at BJT.
She had a day of misery instead. lol !
At least after grumbling at you ...she still brings you there ...
I wish I have a mum like yours too. :D

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by holychef »

lol mi today went again to hunt for tamban >=D but oni tio 8 T^T the sell the tamban rig de uncle say morning 7+ tamban all beli active... ytd me whole night no sleep thinking about tamban T^T now not tired le... got tamban =D

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

It's a start no less, good effort on your try. If you fish there often enough, you'll be able to tell certain types of fish always like to hang out a particular places and when they feed. For the kelong chi, sink all the way down to the bottom with bait and got it. There are lots of Kelong chi there and they often mingle with small little pufferfishes as well. Don't be surprised to see your tamban rig losing hooks if you try to put bait and fish with it. :lol:

Tambans are there throughout the entire day but they only go into feeding frenzy during first and last light (usually the first light will be better). So try to be early can catch some tambans so you can use them to catch biggies, better still if you can keep and use them alive.

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by holychef »

Peace wrote:It's a start no less, good effort on your try. If you fish there often enough, you'll be able to tell certain types of fish always like to hang out a particular places and when they feed. For the kelong chi, sink all the way down to the bottom with bait and got it. There are lots of Kelong chi there and they often mingle with small little pufferfishes as well. Don't be surprised to see your tamban rig losing hooks if you try to put bait and fish with it. :lol:

Tambans are there throughout the entire day but they only go into feeding frenzy during first and last light (usually the first light will be better). So try to be early can catch some tambans so you can use them to catch biggies, better still if you can keep and use them alive.
mm i brought mi pump n everything and set up at the end of jetty there today n den i remembered something... my container have no seawater... :rant: :rant: btw how much does those pail with line cost in the tackle shop? as well as the pvc tube rod holder. . .

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

You can bring a small pail yourself and a length of nylon rope to bring up water, or you can make it on the spot if you happen to find an empty 1.5 litres mineral water bottle, cut two opposite holes just below the neck of the bottle and tie the rope onto it.

Those pails you see at tackleshops are usually meant for keeping fishes/prawns alive but sure, you can use them to scoop water too. But I don't think they will hold very well if you happen to scoop water to the bream. As for the PVC pipes, most hardware shops will have it and it shouldn't cost you over a few dollars. You just need to know the correct diameter for your rod to fit into.