Trip to ubin

Shore based catches including beaches, breakwaters, jetties and fishing from offshore islands.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Handline Fishing, surf fishing

Trip to ubin

Post by holychef »

Morning - Woke up at arnd 7.45am... eat my breakfast and set out to tanah merah mrt station.... why does all the good fishing spot have to be so far :( reached the mrt station @ 8.55 and found my friends... waited for like 10 mins before we decided to go to changi village ourselves... but then my leader called and said that he will reach in 4 more station >_> so yea waited for awhile and reminded him of the word SHARP that he told us... 10am SHARP!!! in the end, he himself is late ... o well... tabao lunch at changi village and bought my reel there =) shimano Sienna 2500 :yay: :yay: :yay: !!!! only the display set was left though so bo bian took it... :sweatdrop: loaded the fireline from my old reel into this new reel... after that... bought 200g of live prawns and we set off :yay:

didnt know that the bumboat fee have rised... from 2 to 2.50 !!! buy luckily it was subsidised by our leader :eyebrow: :eyebrow: after we reached ubin, our leader actually reco a few places... first the place near the thai temple.. den the jetty near the police post... but den... the jetty was closed to public and we couldnt find the entrance to the beach that was near the thai temple T_T so much for hoping to get a stingray :cry: :cry: so in the end we went to the bridge to fish... but no one one!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: and i fell down when going downhill at full speed... had alot of cuts and bruises :cry: :cry: :cry: stupid bike... o well...

after staying there for like 3 hours and sungkok 3 times, i decided to change to float... which didnt sungkok, but didnt get me any fishies either.... so i decided to just park my rod there and went exploring ubin with a few scout friends of mine... we were travelling to and fro to the village to get drinks and than i suggested to go chek jawa... but before i could even get on my bike... my friend called me and said " ADRIAN ADRIAN!!! MEGA MAC MINE LIAO!!! MI CAUGHT BIG BIG CATFISH!!!!" ... if you are wondering why he say mega mac mine liao... its cause we betted to see who could get the best fish of the day... will get a treat from our leader... upon hearing that... i immediately chiong back to the bridge to see the cat... turns out his big is really "big"... a less than 500g was landed by him... i told him "YOU THIS ONE CALL BIG?!? MY BIG IS 2KG++!!!" ... lol...

so started casting out again but still no fishie... we then had to pack up and went home T_T without my fishie... all fishies that were caught were cnr-ed properly... and i brought home a new friend ^_^ a baby mud crab... pics will be uploaded later as my com dunno why cannot access photobucket now... and my injuries hurt :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by holychef on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arsenal
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Re: Trip to ubin

Post by arsenal »

hmm....nice write up though have not seen any picture frm here, i can read that u guys are enjoying the trip.
as for the cut n bruises, too bad.....you are careless, so in future u will koe wat to do when u cycle at a high speed like tis.
eh.....new frenz? so did u manage to talk to him/she? btw is a male or female? did u asked? :lol:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

Chef ... You didn't bring first aid kit ah? Next time must check the bicycles before riding off. Make sure all got brakes and all the bolts and nuts intact ... :rant:

But at least now u learn oso ... don't cycle downhill at full speed. I learnt my lesson like you too ... only thing is I skidding on a down hill 3 lane road after being hit and run by a car. Luckily the bus behind me didn't roll me over, but a whole A4 size piece of skin and flesh got ripped off. :cry:

Go dress up your wound and rest first don't get infection ya. :lol:

rookie
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by rookie »

got ppl laff at his fren's fish is small!!!

now go fw3, 500gm is notink in the eyes liao. :D :D
aiya, isit bak sai?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

raspiritz
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Long Rod, Short Rod & Boat Rod

Post by raspiritz »

holy ah holy

tell you don't cycle so fast liao lor... so when are you going to show us your wounds ah??? :lol: :lol:

seriously, rest well and take care of your wounds ah, careful of infections, if not mummy ban you fishing ah!!!

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by holychef »

This fri show u all the wound lor... btw here are the pictures
as for my new friend... it didnt survive through the night T_T... i fed it and kept it in clean water alr... but still didnt survive T_T

my catch at bjt last time
btw the uncle on the extreme left hand on the picture above took away from me 12 bucks... coz my rod and reel dropped into the sea and i asked if he could help me retrieve my rod and reel... he retrieved it but hung it in midair and refuse to bring it up until i gave him a reward >=( in which he asked me to treat him 2 dunno what of beer >=(

Ubin trip
Imagesee how big the wind was =)
we were actually discussing whether should we cast out on board... but den again... the boat is moving too fast... and we might sungkok anytime =(
my bike =)
group photo before we set off to find our fishing ground... pss... we took 2 hours to find a ground... and there wasnt any fish there >=(
my friend's injury
he suffered injuries on his leg, hand and waist... flew off his bike... was so saddening that no one brought first aid kit... why? coz everytime bring nothing happen... this time no bring jialat things happen ...
me posing with the catfish... my fake boga didnt even move abit at the weight :( :( :p :p
another shot...
the puffer fish... looks like it beli angry like that...
my new reel =)))

went home that day and found the box of my old reel... saw the price tag on it and nearly wanted to kill myself for getting a new reel instead of repairing this one... its 70 bux =X and my new reel cost only 46....

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

You don't worry ... Find the schematic of your old reel. Take it apart slowly ... then learn :lol: see how to clean it up slowly ... the bearings can get de ... u slowly slowly clean. If need grease just let me know ... I got in office de. :lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That's quite an adventurous trip to Ubin, you guys should pay a little more attention on rental bikes, testing the brakes fully before you ride off. Ubin is well known for cycling accidents so do be very careful going around corners and going down slopes. :nod:

On the fishing part, I think it's pretty fun having to catch something even though it's catfish and puffer. Oh yea, the puffer is probably pissed at you for staying at your crampy 1 star hotel. :lol:

ah yi
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: surf fishing

Post by ah yi »

emm, are u sure is that guy hu took away yr $12 ??? i knw this man very very well, he wont do that de...
or the person hu is "botak" ??

I NEED A REPLY!!!
www.yii-bjt.blogspot.com To see all our latests catch report from Bedok jetty.. : )

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Mai Gan Geong ... Holy hurry confirm.

Yii ... he confirm already please go and investigate oki? If really he took already then see if he want to return to little boy or not :mischieve:

arsenal
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by arsenal »

Tere wrote:Mai Gan Geong ... Holy hurry confirm.

Yii ... he confirm already please go and investigate oki? If really he took already then see if he want to return to little boy or not :mischieve:
ar bo i go there say halo to him. :lol:

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by holychef »

yes yes yii is that guy... he was with some other guy... botak de... have a bike and reaks of alcohol... he was the one who took my 12 bucks... after i got my rod back... dbs also said that he sold her some dunno wat metal jig or smth?

ah yi
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ah yi »

holychef wrote:yes yes yii is that guy... he was with some other guy... botak de... have a bike and reaks of alcohol... he was the one who took my 12 bucks... after i got my rod back... dbs also said that he sold her some dunno wat metal jig or smth?
wat u said is the "botak guy" hu took away yr money isit?
www.yii-bjt.blogspot.com To see all our latests catch report from Bedok jetty.. : )

holychef
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by holychef »

nono he was with botak guy but he was the one that took my money

ah yi
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ah yi »

holychef wrote:nono he was with botak guy but he was the one that took my money
ok i knw liao, he was jus kidding to you, for treating them beer..