Fishing 20/09/2009

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

houndbox
HLF Artist
HLF Artist
Fishing interest: Handline fishing ? Offshore fishing ...

Fishing 20/09/2009

Post by houndbox »

yo Peace!
Here are the pics you want me to show ya... :)

Happie viewing! :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Fishing 20/09/2009

Post by Peace »

Thanks for sharing your night fishing catch with us. I really wanted to see that golden Guhood you told me about, very golden indeed. :shocked: It must have put up a good fight, congrats for landing it. :)

houndbox
HLF Artist
HLF Artist
Fishing interest: Handline fishing ? Offshore fishing ...

Post by houndbox »

yo Peace~!
Thank you so much! It was really fun actually... :)

Well due to the fact that me is new to fishing... The catch was fought by 3 of us... My 2 friends and me... So I supposed it wasnt just my effort solely... :p I cant decently claim credit!!! :cry: Hope someday I can solo handle such catches!!! :nod: Both on rod and handline~!

I am improving slightly on handline but not improving at all on rod... Jialat... Guess I will invest on tackles only when I can manage better... Sigh... I dun have much arm power or wrist power leh...

Anyway, lets all cheer up! Tight lines and good fight! :sweatdrop: :confused: :D :yay:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Haha, at least you're honest and everyone would have agreed it's your catch anyway. ;) Yes, it may seem tougher to use a rod when you're used to using handlines. You'll find that you need to use more strength to bring up a given size of fish than you would with handline. This is because rod and reel is a 3rd class lever system with the angler at the disadvantage end. But as the size of fish go up even higher, you will actually appreciate the use of rod and reel due to the power and constant grip to the line.

You may want to purchase a set of your own rod and reel tackles so you can get used to its weight and action, it'll definitely makes it more easier to handle as time go by. If you're lacking in the strength department, you'll find using a fighting belt very useful. Don't mind people laughing at you for using it to pump up 1 or 2kg fish with it, at least you will land the fish yourself without any bruises and be a happy angler. :nod: