Jigging in S'pore???

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type of fishing as long can go fishing.

Re: Jigging in S'pore???

Post by RaymondAng »

fishingboy wrote:today my friend do jigging at our fishing spot , after awile a seabass att the jig and the fight was on , it lasted abot 10 min befoer the fish give up haha the sea bass weight 5.1kg with a boga grip ;)
That's a big catch.

To Peace,
Yes our aim is Sagai & Queenie, but group will still take jig.
My last trip to Lumut got 20 groupers.

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Post by Oinkie »

fishingboy wrote:today my friend do jigging at our fishing spot , after awile a seabass att the jig and the fight was on , it lasted abot 10 min befoer the fish give up haha the sea bass weight 5.1kg with a boga grip ;)
That's a very big fish...................................... Did you go offshore or fish from the jetty?

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

ehh not jetty nor offshore , is like a place where saltwater and freshwater meets :) the biggest kbl got catch there is about 10kg using lure/jig/popper it is like a river and it is oso a carbbing heaven :D myself haven get any kbl there because i am a bad lurer :p and pls do not us deepdiver lure there , sure stuck on rock and other kind of big fish there like queen fish , GT and chermain but they are very rare there :lol:

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

out of good will, if its a boga, are you sure it reads kg instead of lbs? =)
http://www.eastabogatackle.com/productspage.html#pgtop
i mean no offence cause i made a mistake once.
dBs™ wrote:
sgpu wrote::D

cheers to the catches . .. yea i took a liking for jiggin of late. it is so much easier than working a a lure. working a lure is too troublesome. :lol:
Sounds like you are inch-ing towards big game fishing bro ...

You are progressing well ... baiting to luring, luring to jigging ...
Welcome to the world of BIG GAME FISHING ~ :p

oh no i am still not going for biggies. i still think the magnificient size creatures should be left alone. the max i have in mind is a 4k size reel max drag with 14lbs line. anything at the end of it giving my set up a good run i am happy enough. =)

to TS, cheers. . . way to go . . .
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

fishingboy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by fishingboy »

i have a boga grip that show kg and lbs :) the brand is seahawk :lol: but ofcause the bogagrip cant give you the right weight of the fish but it can raftly give you the weight of the fish , and so the boga grip show 5.1kg on the kbl :p