Offshore CR on Ah Chai's Boat

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Offshore CR on Ah Chai's Boat

Post by desleyhan »

Date: 17th April 2007 (Tues)
Mooring: Ah Chai's Boat ($270)
Location Embarkment: Changi
Anglers: Kevin Ng, Kevin O'Hara, Mac, Steven, Taufik, My Wife & Me.
Bait: Live Prawns from Gina's Place 1.5kg ($50)

This offshore was quiet a rush for me as jobs was scheduled till late Monday nite. So didn't had time to buy prawns from Sheng Siong.

Boatman Ah Chai came up with the first few Grunters which motivated all of us. "So what was the trick?" ... asked everyone.

"Deshell the live prawns!" ... insisted Ah Chai. And the results as shown below .....

A very helpful Skipper .. Ah Chai (below)

And the total hauled .....

A fruitful day for all of us as we enjoyed each others' company and laughters.

To Kevin O'Hara - Bro I swear on the next offshore, if I get a grouper I'll consider it yours! hehe .. (poor Kevin no fish for the last 2 offshore)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That's a really nice haul there! :nod::thumbsup: Good to see that Ah Chai is still living up to his name as a Guhood hunter at Changi. I've fished with him before and he really knows the trick to catching them. He also mentioned that wat-wat worms are great for catching these grunters.

Good company, funny jokes, nice weather, lots of fish...I couldn't have asked for more myself. :yay: Your wife looks like an enthusiast too, lucky you. ;) Any thoughts on bringing the kids to an offshore trip too sometime? :p

Hey, you got an interesting fishing sandwiched between the chermin and the queenies. It appears to be a hardtail (Ngneh Buey). :grin:

Sorry for Kevin O'Hara, I wish you better luck on your next trip. For all you know, he may be actually storing all his fishing luck on previous trips and using it all on his next trip! ;)

darren
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by darren »

wah. seen like chermin love you very much. good size.

Kevin O'Hara
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Kevin O'Hara »

Just had no luck :(

No worries fishing is always fishing, expect anything or nothing as long you enjoyed yourself and with the right company i must say quote:(Kevin Shakespeare)

"Ho Say Liao"!!![/quote]
Life Goes On

stevenseow
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by stevenseow »

Nice catch
Fishing Is For Relax