2nd day of 2012

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

hehefishing
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing.

2nd day of 2012

Post by hehefishing »

It was very great experience. Its my first time fishing off shore on the south waters. The waves there. are different from changi waters, cause there's alot of big ships passing by, Coast Guards dashing, other few boats dashing. AND I WAS LUCKY TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS, AND RETRIEVE IT BACK. THAT, I'LL TALK ABOUT IT LATER.

Yah, its a kinda playful weather that day. but its acceptable. It was very hot in the morning and at 3pm, POOOF, RAIN IS POURING. K I SHALL STOP TYPING AND SHOW SOME GOOD STUFF!!!!

The boat.

OFF TO THE FIRST SPOT!

THIS IS A CRAZY SCARY BOAT RIDE!!! (imagine a ship 4 times the size of your boat passes by. its a scary sight)

FIRST CATCH! A VERY NICE 1.2KG SNAPPER!

CHECK OUT WHAT THE BOATMAN CAUGHT!

this one my friends, IS THE BIGGEST PUFFERFISH I EVER SEEN. ITS LIKE THE SIZE OF A 2YEAR OLD CHILD HEAD!!!!!

and after this shot, it started to rain heavily. and it didnt allow me to snap some photos! but, even though its raining, the action is still on! the best was the Batfish my dad caught! its a very exciting thing! you know, when someone on the same boat fighting a big fish, and right after it landed on the boat, everyone's mind will be like "DAMN, THE NEXT ONE IS MINE" YOU KNOW?
so this is the pictures of the fishes.

The first snapper caught!

THE CHAMPION BOARD, THE BATFISH!!

Sorry this one is kinda blurry. caught a few small grouper there, and the yellow line at the body fish. what's that fish call? and a few parrotfish.

OKAY, LAST, A SCARY SIGHT!!!!!! haha

yah, those are fishes.

BUT THE TRIP HAVENT END YET. THIS PART IS FUNNY.
alright, as we reach the place where all the boat park. its not a jetty, or boat terminal. its just by the beach, a few boats, and floating platform. to walk. yah. and the floating platform is like 7-10 metres away from the shore. which means, THERE'S 7-10METRES LONG OF SEA WATER, SO YOU NEED TO WALK ON WATER. TO GO THE PLATFORM! so when we first reach in the morning, me and my uncle were the first one to cross. as we're like the "youngest, strongest one" we cary like two bags each. the water was just on my hips, and im 1.85cm. yah, do your guessing. so when we stand on the paltform, the boatman told us there's a pulley system there. its just a square styrofoam, and a rope that you can pull from the platform, all the way to the shore. so the other 7 is on shore, try this pulley system thing. ok so skip that, bam boom, every onboard safely. unwet, except for my uncle and me.

SO, FUNNY PART NOW, THAT WAS JUST THE THEORY AND THE INTRO OF IT.
so, when we are back. we need to do the same thing. THE GREAT PULLEY SYSTEM! yah, so my dad and my uncle cross the pulley system first carrying most of it is the box of fishes and some rods. so the first three, which is all my uncle. they reach there safely. no wobbling. SO LEFT THE 3 OF US, ME, MY GRANDFATHER, AND MY UNCLE. me, carry a 15kg bag full of sinker, reels, and some stuff that make everything 15kg. my uncle, carrying his bag, and rod. my grandfather also, carrying a bag and rods. so im first one to step on the thing. so im infront.

and, second, on the centre, my uncle, and last was my grandfather. ok all on board, and stable. the moment when my dad pull the rope to move the thing. THE THING STARTS TO WOBLE, AND ITS LIKE A 3SECS OF STABLING FOR LIFE!!! AND THE LAST THING I SAW WAS ON MY RIGHT, A BOAT, MY UNCLE AND GRANDFATHER EPIC FACE. SPLASH!!!!! the next thing i saw was a greenish brown sea water and a few black spots swimming around. and im like the last one to stand up. because of the 15kg bag. guys its and scary thing because i fall, back first, so its like im sinking. and i feel the bag hitting the seabed. but THANKS FOR MY HEIGHT!!! I STAND UP AND THE WATER WAS ON MY STOMACH HEIGHT. but the only thing the three of us think when we're in the water. OUR PHONES!!!!YA.

its an epic trip. and memorable one. so guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Last edited by hehefishing on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: 2 days of 2012

Post by Peace »

Yes, the southern waters can be a little rough at times but it's no problem for a boat that size. There are indeed a lot of tankers moving in that area, anglers should not depend solely on the boatman to watch out for them. Safety is everyone's responsibility. :nod:

Looks like a very enjoyable trip and you didn't seem to mind getting wet. :p Lower the centre of gravity by squatting when you're on that pulley floating platform, it won't wobble that much. 3 at a go with baggage may be a bit overloaded too. Nice catch on your first southern islands trip and thanks for sharing it with us. The batfish must have been a good fight for your dad, you should have taken a video of it. :D

hehefishing
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Re: 2nd day of 2012

Post by hehefishing »

i wanted to take a video! but it was raining when the action starts. so, i didnt want to wet my phone. hah. but at the end of the trip, splash. :(

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Wow ! Now that's putting stress on me ... another wonderful start ~ Nice Catch and well documented CR. :thumbsup:

Just wondering who is the boatman and what are the charges like ?
If I am not wrong, you guys boarded at Buroh Lane ya ?
That's the interesting part when going fishing from there.
I got a shock on my first trip too ... what a way to board the fishing boat.
But yours was definitely a memorable one. lol ! :lol: ::x:

The terrain is very different from Changi and that is what exactly I like about the Southern Islands.
The catch can be very surprising too ...

Well Done again and let's see more catches from you guys from the Southern Sea ~ :nod:

hehefishing
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by hehefishing »

hahaha! i dont know the boatman name, but its a malay pakcik. the cost, im not too sure, the "dads" were paying. and im the only student so, i dont pay anything. hehehe. advantage! =)

i forget the road name. BUT I REMEMBER MY DAD PARKING HIS CAR BESIDE THIS PLACE WITH ALOT OF PIGS! YA, THATS THE ONLY THING I REMEMBER TO DESCRIBE THE PLACE. YAH.

the terrain on, its stressful! alright, sure. i'll post more catches here.

=)