first CR

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

QTfisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf, Handline, offshore. but all kinds also good.

first CR

Post by QTfisher »

finally learn how to use imageshack.. zzz

anyway this is 12 march 2012 southern island boat fishing

thats the total catch of my friends and myself. missing from pics is one more big grouper same size as the second pic. thats a size 10 slipper

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Re: first CR

Post by Newguy »

Congrats to the gd catch QT...
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

Nice catches QTfisher, keep it coming ~ :p
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Not bad, care to share whose boat was it that you guy took? Thanks for sharing your catch. :)

QTfisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by QTfisher »

its my friends boat. i didnt go with any charter. we left from rsyc about 830am with live prawns. reached spot near jurong island at abt 915? the water quite choppy today. bump my backside until quite pain lol.

anyway reach spot setup rods. 5 of us but only 4 fishing. one of my friends seasick so just sit down and try to relax.
first spot lines down within 15 min hookup the big grouper. good start to the day
but after that keep getting small nibble then the prawn kenna rape. then second hookup is this bugger
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4592
which peace so nicely id-ed for me. and yes they do rape the prawns.
awhile more no more bite then move down abit. current quite strong so switched from size 4 to a size 8 sinker. still drift quite abit.
but nice nice the large tuskfish(parrot) hit at the bottom.(abt 15m) reel up the fish backside all the crap coming out.
long story short all the fish were from around the same spot. the smallies were all caught with sabiki size 12 with prawn bits. (yes i know its cheating)
total grouper count about 20-25. unhook until sian. all small small one. kept only the last 2.(which u see in the pic)
happy day for me. i first time catch so many fish in singapore waters.
tmr hope for good weather good luck and tight lines. kusu time with mr.tamban!

ps: somehow by noon all our prawns died. yes ALL. thats why i switch to sabiki. wonder what went wrong. we had air pump and changed the water now and then

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Using small hooks isn't cheating, just targeting at different spread of fishes. :p The winds have been strong these past few days so water is bound to be a little choppy. You'll find riding against the wind and wave is extremely bumpy especially if you're on a speedboat. :lol:

Sometimes, the prawns die easily is due to the health of the the prawns itself when it was delivered to the tackleshops. If the prawns are weak, it'll inevitably die fast when brought out of the tackleshop where there is filtration and temperature controlled water. You can try keep the prawns alive longer by frequent change of water and adding ice packs into the water to lower their metabolism rate.

QTfisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by QTfisher »

oo i never thought of that. ill try that the next time. the prawns wont freeze to death?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

They won't, just make sure the melting ice water don't seep into the saltwater the prawns is in. The chilled water will make them less active and keep them alive longer.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Post by stout infantfish »

What peace recommended i second that.While changing water,I repeat,do not change entire tank as the prawns might not adhere to the tempreature.Try to Tambar(malay or add) so that your live prawns will get acclamized with the water. :starfish:

QTfisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by QTfisher »

awesome. learn something new everyday. a frozen bottle of mineral water is going into my prawn tank next time. lol prawn aircon.