Desaru with Ah Long

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type of fishing as long can go fishing.

Desaru with Ah Long

Post by RaymondAng »

:unsure: Hmm...I am not sure which page is better but seem like this is a better 1.
Look on and you will know why.

This is my 2nd trip within 2 weeks to desaru. The 1st trip was a windy and choppy trip and we only caught a small 2kg Queenie.
This time round weather was great with light breeze and calm water.

We reached at around 8am and help to push the boat out to sea.

We reached the fishing spot in less than 1 hour. And we start to jigging for bait fish.
I tried jigging but have not much luck and lost a few jigging to some toothy fish.

Ah Long the captain used live bait and was rewarded with 2 Tenggiri within 15 mins.
I too was rewarded with a Todak and have some fun on light tackle.
After that there were totally no action for 2-3 hours.

I start to try something different. I took out a Yo-Zuri Sashimi and cast it out.
After a few cast a group of Todak was chasing my lure but not takes.
I change the presentation of the lure acting with faster retieve with a sudden jerk in between and this make them more willing to attack the lure with acrobatic jumps. But no solid hook up.
Then came an attack so powerful that my reel went zzzzz....... for a few seconds and everyone know this must be it.
After a short fight on my Zerek PE1-3 and Stradic CI4 4000 with 20lbs line, I managed to landed this 4kgs Tenggiri weight on a lip grip. I caught 2 on lure.
Soon my other kaki changed to lure too and for this trip luring win over bait and jigs.
4xTenggiri, 1xPapan and 1 Monster Todak.
I found that Todak is the most difficult on lure. We had at less 10 take but only 1 landed.

Here some more picture.

Thanks for reading.

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Re: Desaru with Ah Long

Post by Vidic »

Hi Raymond, yes u are in the correct section. Nice catch u got there from Desaru. Seems like its the tengirri season ~ :D Did any of u guys caught anything with jigs? or mostly lures.
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Impressive catches of macks on lures, it's interesting how it beats the real thing. :D Todaks are a little hard to get a hook up due to their long hard beak. They usually bite and hold their prey for a while before swallowing it so that's why it can be difficult to a hook set some times. It's a good cr, I've seen interesting results from this Ah Long over at FK as well. Thanks for sharing your catch with us. :)

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type of fishing as long can go fishing.

Post by RaymondAng »

Vidic wrote:Hi Raymond, yes u are in the correct section. Nice catch u got there from Desaru. Seems like its the tengirri season ~ :D Did any of u guys caught anything with jigs? or mostly lures.
For this trip non on jigs if I remember correctly.
Lost a few jigs to the mack.

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

Impressiveeeee... Dying to whack tengiri