Hotboys kelong:sucess near.

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Hotboys kelong:sucess near.

Post by limfish »

The recent trip to hotboys kelong was a near sucess.
Although i cant upload the pictures yet(soon,trust me),i can share what happened.
On the first day,the sea around the kelong was filled with fishes,with my cable car rig set,i relaxed,not expecting much.
Then my rod bent slightly,the struck hard,i pulled back,only to realise the Todak had escaped :mad: (they are really wary,ill give em that.)
On the next day,using a bottom rig now,my heavier setup bent,the reel started screaming out loud :shocked: I fought back,trying to use brute force to prevent it from going under the kelong.However,with the current in its favour,the thing surfaced to show its backside to me(from then i knew it was a trevally of some sort,GT?jemuduk?)before rushing into the kelong.after that,my luck ran out.
Overall,the fishes of the kelong seem to be as smart and wary as their BJT cousins and with the holidays ending,my chances of getting the big one diminish.
(on a unrelated note,does any1 have a offshore fishing trip between 20th to24th of june?I want a rematch with the sea :mad: .)
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Hotboys kelong:sucess near.

Post by Peace »

It's a pity the the biggie got away, but that's how it is with fishing, can't get all of them. ;) Even with heavy tackle, you'll need some muscle to steer big ones away from the stilts. We'll await for you pictures.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: Hotboys kelong:sucess near.

Post by limfish »

Sadly,i dont think i will be able to do the photos untill this sun,as holiday workload and other stuff will delay it. :(
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~