Changi Boat Fishing

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Changi Boat Fishing

Post by stout infantfish »

Caught a baby nurse/shank shark today. However fishing was poor through out. Want to post a pic from imgur but forgotten how to donwload it here as imgur seems to have a different version from before

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Changi Boat Fishing

Post by Peace »

Aww, sorry for the poor catch. There's always good and bad days in fishing even with a good tidal prediction. Embedding an image from imgur.com should remain rather similar from the past.

1. Click on "computer" button in the "upload images"
2. Select the image you want to upload from your computer.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. Once the image is fully uploaded, it will generate an assortment of codes for you.
5. Under "BBCode (message boards & forums)", click on the small little icon infront of the string of codes. That'll copy it.
6. In HLF, while composing a post, press ctrl+V to paste the codes. The image should appear on preview or submit.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

My shogun master glass rod (450MB) 1.35M pair with Penn Battle 6000 with berkely whiplash 100lbs (Overkill Line LOL)
Last edited by stout infantfish on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Ty for helping Peace. Ok now storytime, yesterday high tide was at 2.5 around 3 plus.I went with deep sea fishing under gary tackle shop at change.In the morning first stop. One china guy gut a finger mark bream around 800gms later it went all quiet until 2pm when others caught some ikan sembilang around 15 cm.A baby sagar catfish was also caught when the water turned cold. The mood was low until our boatman steer us near chek java (wrong spelling I think) at Pulau Ubin.I told the boatman not to go too close to that area cause its a protected area.He says he knows about that and we steer further from chek java. Anyway,i caught my baby shark there.It does look like a nurse shark, some others say it's a brown shark.Now comes the problem.
I am trying to remove the mustard size 1 suicide hook (red) bu t it was embedded into the shark stomach.Try as I may with my surecatch pliers but it was too deep to extract.I feel bad that I cannot remove it cause I really wanted to get it out so I can released it. Anyway, the guide told me to cut my line and released it into the sea.I hope the hook will get rusted and will eventually fall off or get digested in the stomach.Later another fisherman caught a small barramundi. So much for this trip.Let me show you the kelong trip also this month at chia soon kelong since now I can post more pic.
Stay tune :)

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Yep, this this the catch for a just a day.Majority is caught by my friends,I am just good at jigging tambans.I am very surprised that anchovies still existed here. Bacause at Bedok jetty its becoming so rare. The ikan bilis here is about the size of your fourth and last fingers. This sure bring back memories 20 years ago when I used to catch them with my long nets.I will be joining my friends in Malaysia after their fasting month to fish. Sibu islands or Pekan which I do not know yet.Stay tune next month :nod:

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

I managed to caught about 40 pcs. They smell really good when freshly caught

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Ooh, the pictures are in. I think that's a bamboo shark, too bad you couldn't get the hook out. You can consider taking the fish back in such situation since its chance of survival is low. Yes, try to not to get too close to Chek Jawa Reserve, the water around there is rather shallow too. I remember there's a nice ladyfish spot around that area, lots of boatman go there when ladyfish are in. That's a very good catch from Chia Soon, good to see that the tiger groupers are still plentiful. I love anchovies, and bedok jetties have some really nice sized ones from time to time. I haven't been there in a while though.

Thanks for sharing your catch with us.