southern madai trip!

Catches from out the sea like boat fishing, kayaks and kelongs.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

southern madai trip!

Post by ilurbtambans »

first time using madai! sangkot till I scared too @.@ anyways here's the cr!

ImageImageImageImage

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: southern madai trip!

Post by Peace »

Heh, sorry I missed your latest post. :o That's a pretty good trip on madai jigs. Did you guys try hooking baits onto your madai jigs? It seems to be more effective than just the madai jigs alone from what I've seen and experienced. Whose boat were you on by the way?

As for the sangkut part, you just need more practice to minimize the losses. You have to pay attention at all times when working your jig along the bottom, especially at southern waters. ;) Once you feel it hit bottom, you must quickly lift them back up. Do not let your line stray too far away from you. If the current is too strong or if the boat is drifting too fast, reel back and drop again or change to a heavier madai jig. You want the line to be as vertical as possible as you drift. You have to learn to be very responsive to the depth changes as the boat drifts.

Thanks for sharing your catch! :cool:

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

Nice catches haul with madai ! Southern waters is always a nice place to fish in ! Just love its clear waters

The groupers seems to have a liking in madai :p
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by ilurbtambans »

we did try hooking prawns, using the madai on its own and our XOXO bait! vidic knows what it is :p yea i did let it out pretty far out, prolly why i hit so many snags!