My trip with my cousin to Fishing Paradise

Fishing from ponds operated by commercial entities. This includes fresh and saltwater fishing and prawning.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fishing,surfishing and offshore fishiing

My trip with my cousin to Fishing Paradise

Post by ageangel »

Perhaps its not really lady luck on my side..
Even when today i was on fishing paradise fishing for 6 hours with my cuzin,i got no fish,but luckily my cuzin got a catfish adn almost two other.If not he get both the other which i can confirm a RTC due to its colour,but the FP guy didn't notice,by the time i went over to get the net,the fish manage to get free of the lure,both time,same type only second is bigger,wait for the FP guy to come but the fish manage to get free.

The funny thing is Me and my cuzin use almost same rod me 7feet,his 6 feet,different line[doesn't really matters],same lure,the only thing that are different is our reel,i was using baitcast reel[banax zest reel with 14 lbs suffix line],he was using spinning reel.Does it really matters?we fish at same spot only he get i did not get a bite at all,maybie luck was with him..haiyah,only one pic of the fish my cuzin got..i saw all the others using bait,only us using lures..lol..

really a good moment for us since been month luring no fish then he got 3 hook up 1 landed,really happy for ourself.,even though i did not get any,i still get a consolation prize,a bite,feel something biting my lure when pulling but did not mange to hook it.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: My trip with my cousin to Fishing Paradise

Post by Peace »

Your tackles difference shouldn't have significant effect in this case, but perhaps more on how you work your lure. Of course, luck can work in mysterious ways. ;) The pond is pretty big, I think the staff there could have easily missed you unless you signal them for help. Still, it's not that bad you guys have landed something. For the one that got away, you had already fought the fish up all the way and saw it. That's good enough for me. :)

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:Your tackles difference shouldn't have significant effect in this case, but perhaps more on how you work your lure. Of course, luck can work in mysterious ways. ;) The pond is pretty big, I think the staff there could have easily missed you unless you signal them for help. Still, it's not that bad you guys have landed something. For the one that got away, you had already fought the fish up all the way and saw it. That's good enough for me. :)
hahax,yeah..my cuzin have reel both in until the side of the banks till i can clearly see what fish it is,so he kinda happy with it but still frustrated cause both fish excape same way,just before i want to bring them up,the lure suddenly shoots out from the water both nearly hit my face..hahax

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yea, you don't want to get your face too close to the fish especially when it's thrashing water, trying to break free. The last thing you want is for the fish to laugh at your face and giving you a taste of your own medicine. :p

ageangel
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by ageangel »

Peace wrote:Yea, you don't want to get your face too close to the fish especially when it's thrashing water, trying to break free. The last thing you want is for the fish to laugh at your face and giving you a taste of your own medicine. :p
haahax..you're rite about that..hahax